It’s 12:15am and I’m eating frozen bananas while standing in front of my radiator.
But I wanted to blog! My brain can only organize things into an incoherent list right now though, so that’s what we’ll work with today.
This past week:
1) We had a snow day on Tuesday and it ruined everything.
My gross anatomy lab practical that was supposed to be last Tuesday is now tomorrow, the same day as the gross anatomy lecture exam. #ILoveEverything.
2) I can’t complain about sleeping in and having warm Slytherin socks though (thanks, Fiona ♥︎).
3) Megan and I also made a mini snowman after Mass that day.
we named him Stello, the counterpart to Stella the storm
3) Megan, Briana and I were craving a taste of Ireland on our snow day, so we baked Irish brown bread (one of our favorite foods when we were abroad) using this recipe. It ROCKED fresh out of the oven with butter and jam/honey. *Irish jig*
3 mini loaves
we have finally mastered the art of baking in our hell-hot box of an oven
4) Another low regarding the snow/ice was that I walked 30 minutes to dance on Wednesday morning (and royally wiped out on the ice on the way there) all to find out that class was cancelled. ‘Twas totally my fault for not checking the facebook page for an update after the large snow storm.
5) I forgot how much I liked getting sandwiches/wraps at the dining hall until I ordered this beauty last week.
roast beef, provolone, roasted veggies, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, honey mustard on whole wheat wrap
6) Some of my favorite moves and grooves from last week:
Wednesday: 10-1 pistol squat/burpee ladder (10 of each, then 9, 8,7…1) + squat clean practice
Saturday: 5 rounds of this functional workout from Peanut Butter Fingers + overhead squat practice
Friday: alllll the dancing for St. Paddy’s day!
ugh this night was so fun!
7) I tried making a healthy homemade shamrock shake with peppermint stevia drops that had been sitting in my pantry unopened for ages.
milk, yogurt, oats, chia seeds, frozen banana, 1/4 avocado, greens, vanilla protein powder, peppermint stevia drops
My friends hate me for making this.
It was tasty and creamy, but I should have just left out the stevia because it wasn’t that strong, so I kept adding more until it just left a nasty aftertaste.
At least it wasn’t as sickeningly sweet as the McDonald’s version? And it’s green!
8) I helped out with a high school confirmation retreat on Saturday and the church spoiled the volunteers by inviting us to their St. Patrick’s/St. Joseph’s potluck dinner!
salad, lobster ravioli, jambalaya, clam fritter, eggplant parmigiana, shepherd’s pie, soda bread
all the boxed baked goods!!!
I also ate Welch’s fruit snacks and Cheez-Its earlier in the day during the allotted snack time, and I was on cloud nostalgia.
9) Despite the complain train of this post, I am truly grateful for the many wonderful people and privileges I have in my life. And especially this week, I am grateful for the little trials and heartaches that God uses to teach me how to be better.
I hope you all have a fantastic Monday. Go get ’em!!!
So tell me:
How did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Danced and snacked the night away with my friends (and watched them drink because I’m still a baby here in America).
Two things you’re grateful for.
The best thing you ate this weekend. That one lobster ravioli (raviolo?) I ate at the potluck was smashing.