Click the button to check out the mastermind behind Thinking Out Loud!
1) A great moment of judgement from others: When I’m walking through the dining hall wearing my athletic head band, athletic clothes, and athletic iPhone armband all while proudly holding a plate of dessert.
But if you tasted this pumpkin bread pudding [a la mode], you would have #NoRagrets too.
2) My current favorite salad dressing is CREAMY. Creamy honey mustard dressing, to be exact.
I’m not a huge fan of other creamy dressings such as caesar, ranch, thousand island, etc., but honey mustard has a special place in my heart. Side note: The chicken in each of these meals was on point—flavorful and not a workout to chew it.
3) I have not done steady state cardio training (as in, running, elliptical, rowing, stair master, etc. for a longer duration) in several months now, and out of all the types of exercise I used to do, I definitely miss this the least (if at all). In fact, I don’t think I could enjoy doing it ever again.
4) I’d much rather get my heart rate up with burpees or dancing, and I’d rather build my endurance with something like hiking or bouldering (<— stuff is no joke). One of the great things I’ve truly internalized after taking time off of formal workouts this summer is that it’s not worth it to continue exercise that you don’t enjoy.
5) Also, my roommate just convinced me to air squat through a whole song with her in our pajamas. #FunctionalFitnessForFriends
6) I cracked open and ate a whole lobster all by myself for the first time last night!
Once every year, the BU dining halls have
lobster lobstah night, and since I missed it last year, I made sure to join the festivities this year. It was madness in the d-halls, but it was worth it for this little bugger. Especially followed by this local macintosh apple crisp + oatmeal raisin cookie a la mode.
7) Current jams:
8) I cannot begin to tell you how much I’m loving modern dance class. Even though I’m not planning on pursuing dance professionally, I think I’ve realized that I want to keep dance a part of my life forever. Dance = soul speaking (<— such artist language).
9) If you have a Snapchat… What the heck are those new filters!? Like, those things are straight out of nightmares and horror movies. I just know I’m going to have trust issues opening snaps from now on.
However, I do approve of Daliza’s usage of the filter on Donald Trump.
10) Wishing you all a wonderful day! Happy Pre-Friday 🙂
So tell me:
Do you like steady state cardio?
What is your favorite form of exercise? Dance or fun calisthenic-type stuff for me. Anything that feels more like playing than working out.
Have you ever eaten a whole lobster before?
Have you ever felt judged for eating something unhealthy in your workout clothes?