You know what hurts a lot?
Stubbing your toes. I get bruises, cuts, bumps, and scrapes all the time, but nothing hurts quite like when your poor little piggies get assaulted by a coffee table’s leg.
I bring that up because I just collapsed on the couch wailing at the world after stubbing my toe, while my brother and dad were watching the Democratic National Convention. They didn’t pay any attention to me, so I’m pleading for belated consolation.
On a happier note, today I’m doing a light-hearted survey that I found on Hayley’s blog a while ago. I’ve had deep thoughts for the past few posts, so this is a little break for me (and you). And who doesn’t love a good survey!?
25 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
Emphasis on “probably”, because Lord knows that I share about 90% of my life and thoughts on this blog.
1. I’m happiest when I’m praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament…
photo credit to my friend, Bobby
2. …especially if it’s on retreat. Truly a glimpse of Heaven.
3. I’ve always wanted to lay outside somewhere quiet and dark and stare at the stars with someone I love. Also to see the Northern Lights.
via Michael Shainblum Photography
via Michael Shainblum Photography ➔ visit this guy’s Instagram!! I’m obsessed.
4. My family and I have a tradition of “the family hug”, in which we say “one, two, three, SQUEEZE”, subsequently squeezing each other in a four-way hug. Repeat for a total of three squeezes and then kiss one another on the cheek.
5. I was a terrible thrower. Still can’t really aim/follow through with any sort of projectile object.
6. My first job was searching and entering addresses into a spreadsheet for my dad.
7. I could probably eat (besides peanut butter and bananas) a sandwich every day.
8. I wish I could bring all my Boston friends to Dublin with me this fall. </3
9. I was born on the same day as Brooke Shields.
10. My all time favorite films are Anne of Green Gables, The Help, and The Princess Diaries.
11. I do a pretty mean British accent (but not on the spot, so don’t ask me to do it if you see me in person).
12. I’m still mad that I didn’t keep up my rigorous stretching after figure skating and high school dance.
13. I met my husband… Did I!?
14. I always knew I wanted to pursue a job related to human movement. I wanted to be a dance choreographer (among other things) before gaining interest in physical therapy.
15. I’m not afraid to be vulnerable. I wasn’t always unafraid of vulnerability though! I credit a lot of good people at college for changing me.
16. I make the best overnight oats, yogurt bowls, and avocado egg toast (because I can’t actually come up with my own recipes for much).
17. I have absolutely no patience for rudeness toward anyone who is genuinely trying his/her best to provide good customer service.
18. I always cry when there is a sky full of stars (cue Coldplay).
via Michael Shainblum Photography (but I’ve never seen a sky full of stars like THIS)
19. I’m overwhelmed by the possible ways by which I can finish this sentence.
20. I spent 2 years playing lead roles in my middle school musicals. I was Molly in Annie, Jr. in 7th grade and Jasmine in Aladdin, Jr in 8th grade.
too small to fill out the scandalous “belly shirt” = wrinkly Jasmine
21. I wish that every person had sufficient and convenient access to fresh water. (Ya know what, I’ll say what Hayley said: “I wish…everyone in the world had enough food, water, and shelter. And love.”)
22. At age 5, I was deeply in love with my Sailor Moon CD. I would sing and dance to the songs in my parents’ gigantic bathroom in Kansas, and Ben would film me. Video evidence is strictly confidential.
23. I believe if people took time to learn the complete truth before making judgements, the world would be a better place. Seeking truth will lead to Truth (aka God), and there would be a greater sense of understanding and peace in the world.
24. I can’t stand port-a-potties. I choose the woods over a port-a-potty any day.
25. Whenever “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by JT or “Let It Go” by James Bay is on the radio, I listen (changed this one, because I don’t really watch TV, but I listen to music like it’s my job).
And this isn’t a fun post without some recent food photos!
peanut butter banana soft serve with Pop on Sunday night
Sunday lunch: lettuce wraps with steamed lemongrass salmon, Thai basil, cilantro, fresh backyard mint, and sriracha
Tuesday breakfast: leftover banana pancakes with butter and blueberries + two eggs scrambled with lots of veggies
Monday dinner a la Madre: honey sriracha chicken drumsticks (she used this spice blend!) + sautéed mushrooms and onions over greens (+ unpictured salad roll)
Wednesday breakfast: blueberry muffin overnight oats inspired by Fit Foodie Finds’ recipe
tried this new bar
it looks more gross than my cuticles, but it tastes fine
and lastly, here is Ben doing post-dislocation shoulder exercises using bananas #TheWorldisYourGym
Happy pre-Friday already!
So tell me:
You’ve always wanted to…
You do a pretty mean…
You can’t stand…
Or any of the other questions you want to answer!