1) I used to think Snapchat was the worst social media platform ever. Sending anyone photos that will be forever deleted (or so they say) after a few seconds seemed funny, but also very….dangerous? My fear was opening a snap and being like:
2) But now Snapchat has this whole “My Story” phenomenon, and I don’t hate it. You don’t have to scroll through a feed to see what people are up to, and I find some people’s stories to be quite entertaining. Mine aren’t that cool, but if you want to follow me and see me livin’ life (in case you don’t see enough of that here), my username is alisonmty. Option two would be to scan this:
3) Continuing on the theme of social media, what is the deal with accounts like this?
Zero posts, not following anyone, over 19,000 followers. I don’t know, I just don’t.
4) Yes, I am continually doctoring my social media obsession. I did a pretty good job a few weeks ago by limiting my time on social media to about half an hour total every day. Then I fell off that bandwagon, but I should hop back on.
5) Okay one more thing regarding technology, but this seems more productive than social media. I’ve started listening to podcasts! What I mean by that is I’ve started listening to two podcasts— Girls Gone WOD (found out about them through Tina’s blog) and The Catholic Guy’s Show. They’re both funny, informative, and thought-provoking. Listening to podcasts is like being a passive listener to a really good conversation that fascinates you.
I would appreciate any podcast recommendations! (I do know about Serial.)
6) Popcorners are the most addicting snack in all the land. It’s like opening the door to Narnia when you open the bag.
*Dad opens bag*
Me: Be careful, those are addicting.
*I go over to eat one…then two*
Me: They’re just so good!
*I go for another one*
Me: See, as soon as you open the bag…!
Dad: Yeah. Close it. Close it.
7) Sandwiches on English muffins have been rockin’ my world. Not because sandwiches between two pieces of regular bread aren’t fantastic, but when English muffins are BOGO, you hop on it and put yummy things inside.
goat cheese and turkey meatloaf
avocado, goat cheese, two eggs
8) After a hot and humid weekend, the weather eased up beautifully yesterday! My morning walk was crisp and pleasant.
9) “25 Things Girls Put On Instagram That Annoy All Women”. Okay, going back to Instagram for a quick sec because I just found this. Although I definitely don’t agree with some of the things on this list, I do find the post hilarious. “Bathroom selfies: Oh well your house is just lovely, laundry on the floor and all.”
10) I promise there’s more in my brain than social media and petty first world problems. Those things just keep it lighthearted around here. 🙂 Hope you all have a splendid day!
So tell me:
Do you use Snapchat?
Your current snack addiction?
Do you listen to podcasts? Have any favorites?
What annoys you on Instagram? Chances are, if someone’s posts are annoying me, I’m not following the person. That being said, I’m not a fan of random selfies with an emoji as a caption. I’m fine with selfies in general (meaningful caption, with friends, at a cool place, etc.), but the emoji caption is just…alrighty then. There you are.