with the amazing Amanda ♥
1) I didn’t make anything red, white, and blue on Fourth of July in Boston, so I made this blueberry strawberry banana bread in muffin form a few days late to celebrate…
…except I didn’t make them to be patriotic at all, I just had all the ingredients and I wanted muffins.
2) My service as a juror is finally finished (for the next 4-6 years at least)! It lasted three days. I can tell you now that the case was pretty minor: a girl and her mother sued the girl’s middle school for employee negligence, which they claimed caused the girl to get injured in gym class. It happened almost four years ago.
3) Although the process was long, slow, and not the most exciting thing in the world, I still walked out with a smile on my face because it was such an interesting process. I literally kept saying to myself, “This is so cool.”
(P.S. Solely based on the evidence provided, the jury’s verdict was in favor of the plaintiff— the girl.)
4) Speaking of injustices, I was assaulted by a fly on Tuesday night. I was about to dry my hair after my shower when I heard bzzzzzzzzz.
I ran away and turned off the light in the bathroom in an attempt to get it to follow the light into the hallway. It did indeed fly out, but then it flew super close to my ear again and I fell to the floor to avoid it. Yes, ladies and gents, the fly knocked me down.
6) My friend told me that I’m at least twice the size of the fly, so I can take it. I replied that I’m also at least twice the size of HIV, rhinovirus, and pollen, but IT DOESN’T MATTER. They’re still evil.
7) I’m craving saucy meatballs. Luckily I’ll be able to get some at the local church’s Festa Italiana tomorrow!
8) Thank God for technology. I know it’s good to “unplug,” and my mind/body knows when it needs to do so, but social media, music, TV and YouTube are currently keeping me company during my lonely hours.
I miss my friends in Boston. Daliza, come be my friend.
9) I need to manage my time better in the morning. I like taking my time to eat breakfast, catch up on blogs, meditate, and pack lunch in the morning, but more often than not, I’m running out the door because I’m a couple minutes behind schedule. I think I just need to prioritize my tasks before going on the computer.
10) Does anyone ever eat regular yogurt anymore? As in, NON-Greek yogurt? I bought a tub of regular full fat yogurt since the store didn’t have plain full fat Greek yogurt (at a cheap price at least…I love Fage, but my wallet does not).
To be honest, Dannon regular is only a little thinner than 0% Chobani, but not that much more. The only real difference is the lower protein content, which I know is a deal breaker for a lot of protein fanatics out there. 8 grams of protein in the regular yogurt does the trick for me though!
Hope you all have a fabulous pre-Friday 🙂
So tell me:
How are you with bugs?
I’m craving ______.
Do you ever eat regular yogurt?