Look at this pretty salad that I made for my brother and Pop!
spinach, cherry tomatoes, pears, avocado, homemade honey dijon vinaigrette
I don’t even make salads this pretty for myself. I just throw a leftover chicken drumstick on a pile of spinach and call it a day.
I’m an expert at making pretty avocado egg toast now though
Other colorful eats from yesterday included caprese salad (a classic fave) and fresh mango with Greek yogurt and sunflower seeds.
yes, all those were mine
Plus a million other snacks and eats because yesterday was one of those “bottomless pit” kinda days. I also napped for a long time in the afternoon after a couple hours of gross anatomy studying. My body is taking all this rest and running with it (oxymoronic sentence?).
Madre and I also went to a free yoga class yesterday morning! A woman in our neighborhood is offering free classes once a week since she’s practicing for yoga teacher training. It was a great 55-minute ashtanga/vinyasa class! Madre was my paparazzi apparently, because I swear I didn’t ask her to take these photos for me. But alas, they exist.
felt as uncomfortable as it looks because my right hip flexor was SO tight yesterday
I also got my heart rate up after yoga with the 100 burpee challenge! Here’s a video of it because a) I’m home, so I have few better things to do with my life; b) I appreciate when other people show themselves dying (not literally) during a workout, because it’s very #human.
(NOT that you have to die during every workout. Au contraire. Rest is so important! I take an average of two rest days + two walking/yoga days per week. Going “all out” every day doesn’t work for me, mentally or physically.)
And now for some lightheartedness around these parts! I feel like my posts have been pretty serious recently. I came across this “29 Questions” blog survey on Tina’s blog yesterday and thought it would be fun to do here!
1. Who are you named after? I think I’m named after a TV character that my mom really liked. I was almost named Stephanie though.
2. Last time you cried? Sunday when I was talking to my dad about faith and relationships. Just young adult things.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. It’s gotten messier as I’ve gotten older and less type A about neatness, but I can deal with it.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Roast beef!
ohhh Cutty’s roast beef 1000 ♥︎
5. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep. This is the most random question ever.
6. Would you bungee jump? I would if I was with other friends/family who would do it with me.
7. What is your favorite kind of cereal? Peanut butter Puffins!
8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Only when I have to.
9. Do you think you’re strong? Yes.
10. Favorite ice cream? Cookies ‘n’ cream. (Or the carrot cake ice cream from Salt & Straw if we’re getting specific.)
it had carrot cake CHUNKS in it
11. What is the first thing you notice about a person? I’m not sure, but Tina said a person’s smile, so I’m going to agree with that.
12. Football or baseball? Is it un-American if I abstain from this question?
13. What color pants are you wearing? Gray.
14. Last thing you ate? Some Indian snack mix that my mom put on the coffee table.
15. What are you listening to? “I Got” by Young the Giant.
16. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow. (Haha, I wasn’t even thinking about my Asian-ness at first, but hey.)
17. Favorite smell? Freshly baked pumpkin bread or cookies.
18. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My aunt and cousins from California.
19. Married? Nope.
20. Hair color? Black/super dark brown. I’m not picky about what you call it.
21. Eye color? Black. These are most definitely black holes. It’s so hard to see my pupils!
22. Favorite food to eat? Guess.
23. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings all the way. I’m still scared of that Disney movie Hocus Pocus for crying out loud.
24. Last movie you watched? The Shack this past weekend.
25. What color shirt are you wearing? Turquoise (the workout shirt pictured above).
26. Favorite Holiday? Christmas! Easter is a close second. Thanksgiving a close third.
27. Beer or Wine? It depends. I’ll let you know for sure when I’m 21.
28. Night owl or morning person? Night owl (as I type this at 12:48am).
29. Favorite day of the week? Sunday. I love Mass and Sunday brunch 🙂
So tell me:
Your answers to any of these 29 questions!
Do you throw leftovers on top of salad greens and call it a salad?
Two things you did yesterday.