Moves. Nothing formal yesterday, mostly due to time constraints (and the leg limiting my options). Just teaching hip hop to little kiddos and the usual activities of daily living.
Things I would never buy for myself. Yesterday I received/consumed…
- A bar of dark chocolate (spiced with chili!)
- A Starbucks gift card
- “Right Rice” made of lentil and chickpea flour
All things I would never buy for myself but that have made life a little easier…
- Dark chocolate made for a nice afternoon pick-me-up.
- I can study at Starbucks this weekend and not depend on a study buddy to buy something so I don’t feel guilty about sitting there without buying something (because I don’t usually like buying coffee/beverages in general).
- Right Rice is my lunch today because ain’t no one got time to thaw and cook frozen chicken breasts past 8pm this week.
Random dinner. Onions and cabbage sautéed in sesame oil, soy sauce, ground ginger, and garlic powder + toast with leftover beer cheese dip. Egg on top of both. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FaceTime studying. I asked John at 11pm last night if he wanted to “FaceTime study,” which is just FaceTiming while silently studying our own things. I am a fan of doing this to “spend time” with people who I love who are far away or as busy as I am, and also to make sure I don’t procrastinate. John is a hard worker and his focus keeps me motivated.
Try again. So those priorities I talked about a couple days ago? 2/3 of them fell through the cracks yesterday because one of them (i.e., schoolwork) predominated. I prayed a little bit but didn’t intentionally set aside 10-20 minutes for that purpose alone. Working out just didn’t happen but that’s okay; I’ll say it was a rest day. Although I’m disappointed in myself for not actually prioritizing my priorities (I would say prayer > schoolwork; I just did not schedule myself well enough to make that happen), all I can do is try again today. Carry the cross of my own shortcomings and #JUSTDOIT – Nike / Shia Labeouf (I spelled that correctly on the first try, wow).
Have a marvelous Thursday!
So tell me:
What is something you’ve received and enjoyed recently that you would never buy for yourself?
What is the most random meal you’ve eaten recently?
Do you ever FaceTime study/work with people?