Sunday, April 22nd
“Your dress makes you look like a spring flower and I love it.” – Rachel to me.
Indeed the spring weather has finally sprung, so I took the opportunity to wear a dress today! I love dresses.
Speaking of dresses, my friends and I have tossed the idea around to have some sort of party where we all dress up really nicely, and I want it to happen SO BADLY. Confession: I brought my prom dress to Boston last year because I really want to wear it again.
Monday, April 23rd
I was reading about nuns and how some/most/all (idk) convents have a time at night called the “Grand Silence,” after which no one talks to each other. That might sound miserable to some, but I’ve actually been trying to *sort of* adopt the idea by not listening to music after 10pm (I still talk to people though). I freaking love listening to music, but sometimes I feel like it’s a sub-diagnostic addiction for when I’m just bored/stressed and want to be emotionally moved by melodies and lyrics.
So at 10pm, a mental voice (not unlike the deep, rich voice of Dumbledore) goes off in my head saying, “GRAND SILEEEENCEEEEE,” and I turn off my music and focus on doing the rest of my nightly tasks/studying without music.
It helps me think about ending my day with God in mind and with a more reflective, grateful mindset.
Tuesday, April 24th
Today’s reasons to smile:
- A third beautiful spring day in a row
- Working out on the esplanade in between classes
- My PT friends who make me double over in laughter even amidst the stress of exams
- Praying for a while in the middle of a busy day
- Hugging my friend Fiona, who I hadn’t seen in a while
- A free confetti cake cookie (omg)
- Also free pasta dinner and Kraft Parmesan cheese
dusteddumped onto it
- A funny and very smart priest who came to give a talk at the Catholic Center
- We are one more day closer to the weekend, hallelujah
- Dying on the inside
So tell me:
Do you have a designated quiet time in your day? (Does that sound like something for preschoolers??? Let me know.)