You know what hurts a lot?
Stubbing your toes. I get bruises, cuts, bumps, and scrapes all the time, but nothing hurts quite like when your poor little piggies get assaulted by a coffee table’s leg.
I bring that up because I just collapsed on the couch wailing at the world after stubbing my toe, while my brother and dad were watching the Democratic National Convention. They didn’t pay any attention to me, so I’m pleading for belated consolation.
On a happier note, today I’m doing a light-hearted survey that I found on Hayley’s blog a while ago. I’ve had deep thoughts for the past few posts, so this is a little break for me (and you). And who doesn’t love a good survey!?
25 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
Emphasis on “probably”, because Lord knows that I share about 90% of my life and thoughts on this blog.
1. I’m happiest when I’m praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament…
photo credit to my friend, Bobby
2. …especially if it’s on retreat. Truly a glimpse of Heaven.
3. I’ve always wanted to lay outside somewhere quiet and dark and stare at the stars with someone I love. Also to see the Northern Lights.
via Michael Shainblum Photography
via Michael Shainblum Photography ➔ visit this guy’s Instagram!! I’m obsessed.
4. My family and I have a tradition of “the family hug”, in which we say “one, two, three, SQUEEZE”, subsequently squeezing each other in a four-way hug. Repeat for a total of three squeezes and then kiss one another on the cheek.
5. I was a terrible thrower. Still can’t really aim/follow through with any sort of projectile object.
6. My first job was searching and entering addresses into a spreadsheet for my dad.
7. I could probably eat (besides peanut butter and bananas) a sandwich every day.
8. I wish I could bring all my Boston friends to Dublin with me this fall. </3
9. I was born on the same day as Brooke Shields.
10. My all time favorite films are Anne of Green Gables, The Help, and The Princess Diaries.
11. I do a pretty mean British accent (but not on the spot, so don’t ask me to do it if you see me in person).
12. I’m still mad that I didn’t keep up my rigorous stretching after figure skating and high school dance.
13. I met my husband… Did I!?
14. I always knew I wanted to pursue a job related to human movement. I wanted to be a dance choreographer (among other things) before gaining interest in physical therapy.
15. I’m not afraid to be vulnerable. I wasn’t always unafraid of vulnerability though! I credit a lot of good people at college for changing me.
16. I make the best overnight oats, yogurt bowls, and avocado egg toast (because I can’t actually come up with my own recipes for much).
17. I have absolutely no patience for rudeness toward anyone who is genuinely trying his/her best to provide good customer service.
18. I always cry when there is a sky full of stars (cue Coldplay).
via Michael Shainblum Photography (but I’ve never seen a sky full of stars like THIS)
19. I’m overwhelmed by the possible ways by which I can finish this sentence.
20. I spent 2 years playing lead roles in my middle school musicals. I was Molly in Annie, Jr. in 7th grade and Jasmine in Aladdin, Jr in 8th grade.
too small to fill out the scandalous “belly shirt” = wrinkly Jasmine
21. I wish that every person had sufficient and convenient access to fresh water. (Ya know what, I’ll say what Hayley said: “I wish…everyone in the world had enough food, water, and shelter. And love.”)
22. At age 5, I was deeply in love with my Sailor Moon CD. I would sing and dance to the songs in my parents’ gigantic bathroom in Kansas, and Ben would film me. Video evidence is strictly confidential.
23. I believe if people took time to learn the complete truth before making judgements, the world would be a better place. Seeking truth will lead to Truth (aka God), and there would be a greater sense of understanding and peace in the world.
24. I can’t stand port-a-potties. I choose the woods over a port-a-potty any day.
25. Whenever “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by JT or “Let It Go” by James Bay is on the radio, I listen (changed this one, because I don’t really watch TV, but I listen to music like it’s my job).
And this isn’t a fun post without some recent food photos!
peanut butter banana soft serve with Pop on Sunday night
Sunday lunch: lettuce wraps with steamed lemongrass salmon, Thai basil, cilantro, fresh backyard mint, and sriracha
Tuesday breakfast: leftover banana pancakes with butter and blueberries + two eggs scrambled with lots of veggies
Monday dinner a la Madre: honey sriracha chicken drumsticks (she used this spice blend!) + sautéed mushrooms and onions over greens (+ unpictured salad roll)
Wednesday breakfast: blueberry muffin overnight oats inspired by Fit Foodie Finds’ recipe
tried this new bar
it looks more gross than my cuticles, but it tastes fine
and lastly, here is Ben doing post-dislocation shoulder exercises using bananas #TheWorldisYourGym
Happy pre-Friday already!
So tell me:
You’ve always wanted to…
You do a pretty mean…
You can’t stand…
Or any of the other questions you want to answer!
25 thoughts on “25 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me”
I love surveys because I’m nosy – this was fun and I’ll probably steal it 🙂
Wait – do you sing?! I knew you danced, but I assume musicals imply singing. If so I’m super impressed because I’ve always wanted to actually be a decent singer and regardless of my attempts to improve in choir… nope 😛
Can’t wait to read your answers! And I sang a lot more in high school vocal ensemble/chorus. I try to sing along with the radio these days and in the shower 🙂 I’m decent but not outstanding my any means!
I’ve always wanted to…open a restaurant! I think that’d be such a neat job, although not likely what I’d actually do! Like you, I can’t stand when people are rude to customer service representatives! Ugh. They’re usually trying to help!
It would be really cool to open a restaurant! It seems like HARD work though (speaking of customer service!).
I went to Iceland a year and a half ago and we went out hunting for the northern lights but sadly it was a cloudy night. We could just barely slightly make them out as a cloud, not the colors but our tour guide was a photographer and he had this special lens where he was able to get more of the green glow when he took pictures. I want to see them clearly on a high activity night so badly! That sandwich looks amazing! I love sandwiches too and could definitely eat one everyday also. I’m also obsessed with the Princess Diaries, every time it’s on my sister and I MUST watch. Your food always looks delish and I think I would agree just from the looks that you do make the best overnight oats, yogurt bowls, and avocado toast!
Yeah, we have to go to the place where we can see stars/northern lights AND THEN stay there long enough to score a clear night. One day!
Throwback! Princess Diaries was amazing. I now want to watch the series. Also, I read The Help in the fall of last year and LOVED it. I even bought the movie, but I’ve yet to watch it! I need to fix that ASAP, especially now considering it’s one of your all-time favorite films!
I’ve always wanted to… move to Iceland for a summer all by myself and write a novel.
I do a pretty mean… handstand! I still got it… kind of. 8 years of being a gymnast and I should probably still have more but ah oh well.
I can’t stand… ants! We are battling some in our house right now. Not a fan.
Iceland! Do you have a particular reason for choosing that nation? 🙂 I’m sure it is just gorgeous there.
Your handstand is awesome, Julia— teach me! 😉 And ugh ants in the house is so annoying. Hope they go away asap!
I’m quite sure that I’m going to have to steal this at some point. LOVE me a good survey. Also, port-a-potties scare me as well. I have this phobia that I’ll go in, it’ll tip over, and… well… you can probably imagine the rest. And I’ll NEVER understand why people are rude to customer service people, as if it’s THAT PERSON’S fault that they’re having issues. Like… no. And being a jerk about it isn’t going to fix things any faster.
I would love to read your answers, Amanda!! Oh my goodness tipped port-a-potty is my NIGHTMARE.
Puh-reach about those customer service people.
What a fun survey! And yes The Princess Diaries is one of the best movies ever! Gets me every time!
I have always wanted to… Be able to do a handstand! Kinda needed as a CrossFitter but I just can’t seem to get my legs up there! Being 6ft doesn’t help, I gotta lotta leg! Ha!
Oh man, I cannot relate to the height there, girlfrand!
I love this survey.
I’ve always wanted to …. be a nutritionist that could help people take their eyes off of food and really enjoy life and enjoy food too. I really don’t like port-a-potties either, but sometimes they are the only option.
And stubbing your toe really does hurt a lot. It reminds me of the church, the body of Christ; when one of the members is hurting we all hurt. That Boom Chicka Pop kettle corn is really really good. We got two huge bags at Costco. And I’m not great at throwing, but… that’s good for other people when we have a snowball fight. Oh yes, and eating PB&J sandwiches every day = THE BEST combo ever!
I like that stubbed toe analogy with the Church! I’m going to think of that whenever I stub my toe now 🙂
Wow, didn’t realize we have so much in common! I am also not afraid of being vulnerable, I love The Princess Diaries, I make amazing avo toast, I have no patience for rudeness and I want people to learn the complete truth! 🙂
Pingback: The Best of the Web| Vol. 20 – Little Misadventures
As well as I thought I knew you, I think I learned 25 more things from this 😂 I adore you even more than ever, and still drool at any food photo you take so please teach me your ways.
I can’t stand obliviousness or being inconsiderate.
I’ve always wanted to spend a year traveling the entire world.
I do a pretty mean British accent as well so BLOODY HELL go us ❤️
I like this game hehe
Alright, PANCAKE PHOTO MASTER. 🙂
Oh my goodness please do the rest of this survey, I want to hear more about you!! I love youuuu
That peanut butter soft serve looks AMAZING 😀 I have horrid aim as well. I’m short and can’t throw, needless to say I’ll never be a basketball player…
Basketball is a no-go for me as well, girlfran.
Ooh, I love these things! You are an awfully cute Princess Jasmine.
I’ve always wanted to swim in a super super deep, super clear natural pool somewhere and spread my limbs out underwater as much as I can and do somersaults
I do a pretty mean sushi buffet
I can’t stand when food is given moral value.
Ooo that sounds dreamy (the swimming and the sushi buffet)! 🙂
I will pull your hair and call you carrots.
♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎