Thinking out loud with Amanda today!
1) It’s cold outside. Not that I’m complaining (the cooler days are welcome in the midst of summer heat), but I’m still a little surprised! Mild winter…now mild summer? No more seasons? End of the world?
2) But I snapped this on Monday, so apparently I’m still feelin’ that heat. 72F is great for lounging outside, but STEAMY for working out.
3) And this tragedy.
that little black speck = a flea
4) Alrighty, friends. This community has plenty of experience in the area of food + GI issues, I’m sure.* I’ve had indigestion and general GI discomfort for the past couple of weeks, which is throwin’ off my appetite and, well, the comfort of my insides. (LOL this is legit poop therapy.) I can’t think of anything in my diet that could be the cause.
5) …maybe it’s stress from adjusting to a new work environment and routine?
6) …maybe it’s dairy?? (Please, Lord, don’t say it is so.) I do eat a helluvalot of that stuff.
7) I’ve even been looking seriously into possibly doing Whole30. I’m considering this because of the GI issues, but also because I’ve been getting a lot more red spots/acne/dryness on my face + a weird rash on my back. If there’s a time to do Whole30, it’s during the summer at home (and right before my family goes on vacation in July, heh). I’m not 100% sure I want to commit, but for now, I’m taking it easy on the dairy (with sadness).
8) That means grains are still in my life, but I’m trying to keep things simple.
*I’ll talk to a doc if this persists, but for now, I’m willing to listen to anyone with experience!
9) I never thought I’d say this, but these vegan, raw crackers taste like the delicious Parmesan crisps my mom used to buy.
Kale Goji crackers from Healing Home Foods
I SWEAR. I don’t do imposter foods, but these are an exception. We got these from…the farmers’ market.
10) Mom has been getting into these 7-minute workout apps, and she’s been asking me to do them with her. Moving and grooving with Madre, what a dream.
Hope you all have a great pre-Friday! Take care of your tummies 🙂
So tell me:
Do you have any experience with prolonged indigestion? What was the cause for you? Dr. Google is telling me many possible causes, of course.
Have you ever tried nutritional yeast? I can finally vouch that it tastes a lot like cheese.
What are some of your favorite workout apps?