And then there were three…
We helped move Ben back into his apartment in Boston yesterday since he starts classes on Monday, leaving Pop, Madre and me at home. It’ll be my turn to go back to Boston in 8 days!
not in this weather though…
For this Friday’s post, I’m sharing some random fun/funny facts about this week!
1) I accidentally discovered a way to make my eyelashes look fabulous. First of all, I have super short, straight eyelashes that point forwards and sometimes downwards (#AsianProblems). Mascara helps, but it’s still usually hard to see those little stinkers.
Last week, when I was roasting baby potatoes for our New Year’s Eve dinner, I opened the oven to check on them and hot air/steam blasted my face. It kinda hurt and I felt something weird happen to my eyelashes. I feared they might have burned off or something, but when I checked in the mirror, it looked as if I just used the best eyelash curler in the world. The hot air seemed to have “ironed” my lashes upward (I was also wearing mascara).
Lesson: I need to put on mascara and then nearly burn my face to get nice-looking eyelashes. (Nah.)
2) I attempted to make lava cake for Madre, but it ended up being…cake. With a weird texture.
I think I scrambled the egg in the stovetop portion of the recipe. At least it tastes good (to a chocolate-lover)!
3) I decided to run on Wednesday night, and I kept passing a couple ladies walking their dogs whenever I looped around. One of the ladies said, “You’re fast!” Hahaha that’s new. She was being quite generous because I was going at, like, 10:00 pace. But I still appreciated the encouragement!
4) I ate peanut butter with chopsticks.
Long story short: I needed something to eat, there was nothing else to eat in the car, and there were no spoons around. Thankfully, Madre carries chopsticks in her purse.
5) Ben’s apartment is on the fourth floor of his building. There are no elevators in his building. I’ll leave it at that.
We did fuel very well the night before with a lovely family dinner at a place called Bistro 12.
delicious, light, and crispy calamari to start
(HUGE) tasty salmon
Madre, Ben and I fueled very well after the move-in too. Large platters of meat, rice, and veg at our favorite Vietnamese market.
7) I am constantly in awe of the supportive blog community. Seriously, thank you all for being such great people who truly care about the person behind the blog post. ♥︎
Speaking of the blog community, here are a few of my favorite links from this week (and last week)!
A Letter to All Girls: You Are Magnificent, So Don’t Settle via The Peanut Butter Lover
The Smartest Thing You Can Do For Yourself Today via Marc and Angel
Sit Back and RELAX via Emmy’s Yummys
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bake via Fit Foodie Finds
Happy Friday, friends. I’m seeing Daliza today!!!
So tell me:
A fun/funny fact from this week.
Do you have a secret to luscious lashes?
What are you doing today?