thanks for hosting the partay, Amanda ♥
1) I’m mighty happy that the WIAW switch-up with Gemma yesterday was so well-received! Thanks a ton for your comments (as always). I enjoyed going out of my blogging comfort zone by collaborating with such a cool gal! Thanks again, Gemma!
2) Corn on the cob. How do you feel about it? People say it’s a quintessential summer BBQ food, and I guess I agree, but I’m not head over heels for it. Stuff also gets stuck in your teeth when you gnaw it off the cob. HOWEVER, when you cook it in milk and butter with a sprinkle of sea salt (as suggested by Jo)…then I’m like a woodchuck eating the corn off the cob.
3) My tailbone has been hurting and I have no idea why. It started out as almost a relieving feeling whenever I sat down after standing for a while, but now it just hurts. A good ol’ Google search gave me the 411; My pain could be due to pressure, injury, childbirth, or a tumor.
I like to think that the cause is pressure or injury, but who knows? My dad might be suspicious that I birthed a baby.
4) Back to food. I had the most barbaric eating experience of my life last night, thanks to these lettuce wrap tacos.
Attempt to wrap the darn (delicious) thing ➔ stuff falls out and juice starts rolling down my arm. Bite the darn (delicious) thing ➔ stuff falls onto the plate/table and all over my face. Try to get a bite of tomato, cheese, meat, barley, lettuce, greek yogurt, and cheese all in one bite ➔ end up getting some of my hair in my mouth and looking like a squirrel packing acorns in its mouth.
Tacos are worth it. (Next time, real tortillas. We just didn’t have any this time.)
5) I ate this dinner in complete solitude, so I didn’t scar anyone for life with my horrendous manners, in case you were concerned.
6) Speaking of acorns though… I’m excited for autumn now! Our summer was fairly mild overall, but a few cooler days that we’ve had recently are leaving me longing for cool, crisp temperatures. I know Amanda agrees with me on this one 🙂
yesterday’s breakfast made me think of autumn too
7) Speaking of fall… Move-in day for college is in less than two weeks. I wanna scream and shout and let it all out—the nervousness, the excitement, the EVERYTHING.
8) I feel like I need to unplug from reading blogs and from blogging in order to get everything on my to-do list done every day, but I like you guys a lot, so it’s hard.
9) I’ve developed a new “beauty mark” (or sun spot?) on my arm, and I’m trying really hard to accept the fact that it’s now a part of me, especially as my thumb birth mark starts to disappear. Out with the old, in with the new?
superbly dry hands = story of my life
Is this a sign? A symbol for a new chapter in my life? What is the MEANING?
9) Totally kidding about the meaning. I couldn’t really care less.
10) Dad and I are headed up to Ontario on Saturday to visit my relatives for the weekend! Road triiiiip (<— said in the most white girl accent imaginable)!!!
Hope you all have a fantastic day! Keep your head up, it’s almost Friday 🙂
So tell me:
Do you like corn on the cob?
Do you ever eat something so messily that you question your civility?
Have you ever developed new beauty marks or have you ever lost birth marks?