Pretty sure Amanda came up with thinking out loud before Ed Sheeran
1) I’m so glad you all enjoyed yesterday’s vlog! Your comments totally made my day. Thank you! The terms “cute” and “adorable” were big themes in the comments though…
This photo is the story of my life. #Forever
2) Shoutout to my friend Fiona for reminding me to change my age in my side bio. In the meantime, I also edited my About page and Blogroll. Check it!
3) I made balls yesterday! (<— balls jokes won’t get old.) They’re stereotypical energy balls, and they count as a recipe towards my summer bucket list! It’s kind of a cop-out, since this recipe didn’t take much thought or effort, but I’ll count it for now until my creative juices start flowing.
Into a food processor:
- 1+1/3 c. quick oats
- 1.5 c. roughly chopped dried figs
- 1/4 c. peanut butter (any nut butter will work!)
- 2 scoops (1/3-1/2 c.) vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 c. almond milk (just enough to get the mixture to bind)
Pulse until the ingredients are well combined and wet enough to bind. Wet your hands with water and roll into 1.5 tbsp-sized balls. Makes ~20!
Confession: I did not measure most of the ingredients. Those are just estimates. Luckily, recipes like these are very customizable and flexible!
4) I need to focus. I get way too distracted with technology and social media these days, and it eats up a lot of my time. I accomplish the tasks that need to be done, but I still find myself scrambling because I spent just a little too much time reading blogs or watching Youtube videos.
5) New goal (please keep me accountable): No casual perusing on social media/technology after I get home from my internship (anywhere from 5-6pm). If I go on to blog or do something with a specific goal, that’s cool, but otherwise I will spend my time reading or doing something productive around the house. This will hopefully help me get into bed earlier and feel more relaxed at night!
6) I also need to read more books— read things that are not pixelated. Basically, I need to be my own parent this summer: “No technology close to bedtime. Eat more to grow bigger. Do your reading.”
7) I liked this song when I heard it on the radio, but once I found out that it was a tribute to Paul Walker, I loved it.
Paul Walker was (and still is) my biggest celeb crush. What a beautiful man.
8) I am enjoying my physical therapy internship more and more every day. I’m learning bucketloads of information and practices on how to take care of the human body through movement. The best part is the people though. I love the interpersonal patient interactions and the one-on-one environment of this particular outpatient clinic. Can I just stay at my internship and not go to college?
9) If you ever make Gina’s cookie dough cereal (which you should, it’s delicious), make it with at least 1.5 tablespoons of nut butter. If not, two tablespoons. You won’t regret it.
10) Happy birthday to the humblest, gentlest, grooviest, most hardworking and pious man I know— Pop! I love you ♥
That’s it for today, friends! Hope you have a fantastic day. Eat more nut butter and unplug a little bit.
So tell me:
Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
Are you called cute often? Or another adjective?
Do you ever have trouble “unplugging”?