I haven’t thought out loud in forever (at least, in numbered list form), but today we are BACK.
1) I regret calling these kinds of posts “Behind the Scenes”. It was originally my attempt to come up with something other than “Thursday Thoughts” as a title, but I ended up joining Amanda’s thinking out loud linkup every time, so why didn’t I just call it “thinking out loud”?
I make life too complicated, that’s why.
2) Speaking of Amanda and her genius ideas, I made her pumpkin pie breakfast bake yesterday and it was a wintery pumpkin spice fiesta in my mouth!
The breakfast bake is under there. Blessed are those who do not see yet believe.
I dressed it up with plain Greek yogurt, sunflower seed butter, pomegranate arils, and banana slices. Just beautiful.
2) I contemplated running yesterday, but the cold weather just killed it for me. I’m weak. Instead, I opted to take my moves to our basement (which is still pretty cold) to do this yoga video that focuses on hip-opening. Hallelujah, did I need that!
3) As I approach the start of second semester, I’m feeling the urge to be super productive in these last few days before I leave. Perhaps it is a result of my anxiety for the workload ahead, but I’m “warming up” by making checklists with activities other than eat and go to Disney.
4) Julianna even inspired me to make a budget spreadsheet! Since I haven’t worked yet this year, I am off to a great start with zero income and all expenditure.
Yay for adulthood! (Note the childish font and color code.)
5) You know what else I realized when I lost all my hard drive information? I no longer have my thousands of recipes that I bookmarked on Safari. All my years of recipe hoarding…poof!
That could be a good thing though, because maybe now I’ll start only bookmarking recipes I honestly WILL make. Doubt it though.
I pin all the recipes too.
6) Still going strong with the egg, feta, and spinach + avocado toast for lunch! I bought the feta cheese in Florida, so I feel responsible for helping to finish it. (We packed it in ice on the way up, plus the car was freezing as it sat in the train. The cheese is still fine, I’m alive.)
Also, this combo is just delicious. I ♥ fats.
7) I am currently rocking knitted socks and the fugliest sweater in the all the land, but I don’t care because I am superbly snug.
8) We also had our first use of the fireplace this winter! I happily stationed myself right in front of the fire while I did some work.
I kept singing “chestnuuuuuts roasting on an open fire…” in my head. 11 months ’til Christmas!!!
9) I am thinking about how bittersweet it is to be going to back to college tomorrow. Bitter because…work, less sleep, less blogging, no family. But sweet because I get to see my amazing friends and learn more about this wonderful world!
My friend Sam told me that if you’re dreading going back to college, you’re probably not in the right place. Fortunately, I’m mostly looking forward to going back!
10) What should I make for breakfast today??? #WinterBreakBreakfastMission is almost at an end. PRESSURE. I’m thinking either this “cream cheese frosting for breakfast” or the classic cookie dough cereal.
Hope you all have a thankful Thursday! (what other positive adjectives start with “th”?)
So tell me:
How will you be productive today?
Are you a recipe bookmarking fiend?
Do you care about wearing cute clothing around the house?
What are you eating for breakfast?