Just popping in (very late) this evening to share…
Studying for finals swallowed me up this weekend. We are almost home free, fellas!
20 min. bodyweight workout from Jess + leg strength
I loved this two-part bodyweight workout from Blonde Ponytail! I did it in my dorm at 7 pm because I wasn’t about that dark and cold mile trek to the gym on Sunday night.
For the AMRAP, I did 9 or 10 rounds, I believe. I love how it moved quickly and incorporated simple yet effective functional movements. Like my favorite—burpees!
I also did three rounds of 10 pistol squats each leg + 20 Bulgarian split squat hops each leg. Those hops burnnnn.
5 min. row warmup + 400 Heavy Rep Workout from Hilary
This was fun and tough! I used a 20# dumbbell for the single arm high pulls, a 30# bar for the thrusters, and a 35# dumbbell for everything else (the gym here does not have kettlebells). Also, instead of jumping rope after each round, I did 10 pushup burpees. It was quick (under 30 min.) but effective! Just what a college student needs!
30 min. arc trainer + 8 min. ab tabata
I did steady state cardio and it felt like an eternity, but it was a nice way to loosen up after Monday’s workout.
For the ab tabata, I did 4 rounds of 20 sec. work, 10 sec. rest:
5 min. stairmaster warmup + leg workout
This workout was all over the place because I was kind of tired and my back was bothering me, so it was all about listening to my body.
I started with 8 weighted pistol squats each leg + 30 side jump lunges, then 10 regular pistols each leg + 30 side jump lunges, and then I stopped with the pistols there because my lower back wasn’t happy about it.
3 rounds of each set:
- 12-15 Bulgarian split squats each leg (25#) + 20 jump lunges
- 20 plie squats (35#) + 8 pulses in plie + 10 pulse squat jumps (pulse five times in squat position before jumping up)
- 8-10 hamstring curls (90#) + 20 surfer jumps
And then I started this burpee/arm ladder workout with goblet squats instead of swings, but I stopped short because my body was just done. Yes, I could have pushed through, but I wanted to be kind to myself and just stretch.
I warmed up with some pushups and shoulder mobility exercises before jumping into a “wing it” workout.
- 4 sets: 8 lat pull downs + 12 arnold presses
- 10 pushup burpees (random)
3 sets of each:
- 15 bicep curls + 5 pulses from 90 degrees up + 5 pulses from bottom to 90 degrees + 20 weighted triceps dips
- 10 BOSU ball pushups + 20 supermans + 10 “swim strokes” in superman position
- 10 side shoulder raise-front shoulder raise + 10 upright rows + 10 bent over rows
I finished with an 8 minute ab tabata with reverse crunch leg lifts, mountain climbers, and side plank hip raises L/R.
I will be posting a HECK of a lot more once finals are over because then I’ll be on winter break, during which I will have zero homework. Hallelujah!