How are you all doing so far this week? I don’t know about you guys, but yesterday was just so…Monday. Like, a very Monday kind of Monday, ya feel? I got ready with my eyes half closed and nearly (just nearly, don’t worry, mom and dad) nodded off at least 20 times during statistics, BUT it was still a great day overall thanks to many simple joys that outweighed those Monday blues.
It’s been a long time since I shared my current simple joys (January was the last time!), so I thought today would be the perfect day to share those with you all. There’s always something to be thankful for in this whirlwind we call life.
Current simple joys…
- Power naps (came to the rescue for me yesterday, holla)
- Cooking real food in a real kitchen and picking up groceries from Trader Joe’s (for the people I work for, not for myself…but still so fun!)
Lasagna!!! (It was my first time making it ever and I pray that I didn’t mess it up for them.)
- Finally “getting” a statistics problem that initially made me want to blow up my computer/textbook #probabilityrage
- MARCEL THE SHELL THREE
- Free KIND bars for showing my squat form at the Physical Therapy fitness fair
- Sunny, warm days in late October
- Outdoor workouts on said days
- FaceTiming with family and friends
- Really awesome hugs
- Singing with some of my coolest friends at church on Sunday
- A surprise care package from my little cousins, aunt, and uncle! Cookieeeeeees ♥ (whole wheat too, because my aunt knows what’s up)
- When the dining hall has an arsenal of bananas (my heart breaks ever so slightly when there are none available at breakfast)
- People who hold the door (bonus points if they smile)
- Raisin bran for dessert (stop cringing/laughing at me)
- When there is no one on the escalator so you can walk up, because walking up an escalator is empowering with all that extra upward momentum
- This message from my bro when I was studying away on Sunday night:
I should do these kinds of posts more often, because now I am just so happy despite the fact that my eyes are fluttering shut as I type this on Monday night.
Have a wonderful day, friends! 🙂
So tell me:
Some of your current simple joys!
Do you eat cereal for dessert sometimes?
How was your Monday?
16 thoughts on “Current Simple Joys”
That lasagna looks delish! 🙂 Cooking is one of my simple joys too. Also – I’m with you on the Raisin Bran. It’s actually one of my favorite cereals – don’t knock it until you try it folks. Have a great day! One of my current simple joys = walking (especially during this glorious fall season!)
Raisin Bran is quality cereal, I say. Ooo yes walking at this time of year is golden!!
i eat cereal all the time!! when I was on hols I couldn’t stop eating granola..cute post great way to keep smiley through your Monday :)x
Hahaha I love this post! So many random but true things here… the warmer than usual days this October are great- glad you’re getting out to enjoy them! Also, power naps = da bomb, and ….solo escalators?!?!? hahaha. absolutely great.
I’ve been seeing that potato all over the internets lately! He is so adorable!
I agree. I like that potato.
This post made me really happy:)
Simple joys; hugs!, mail, when bible verses and homilies totally just make sense and are completely relevant right now, hot cocoa, and seeing kids dressed up in halloween costumes!!
And don’t be fooled girl!! Raisin bran really is the cereal of the the champions!😉😊
Have a great one Alison!
Wonderful things to be happy about!
Hope you’re having a great day, Katie!
I think you nailed that lasagna- nailed it!
I think you deserve an A for not falling asleep. It’s actually a feat in itself.
I mean, that’s really what college is testing— whether you can stay awake during those dull meetings and lectures.
Cereal for dessert after dinner?! Always amazing… My ‘hard’ day this week was yesterday. Weird to have a feeling of the Mondays on Tuesday. But I pushed through it and felt a lot better before going to bed last night, and feel even better this morning! I think it’s because I’m wearing a new blouse at work and having a good hair day!
Tuesdays during high school used to be my really hard days too! Basically, just one of “those” days. Gotta have at least one per week, right? 😉
Glad you’re having an awesome day, Kelsey! Here’s to many more!
you are making me crave naps and cereal. hehe simple joys! yes
Awww, love this! Life really does have so many simple joys and next time I’m feeling in a funk I’m going to remember this! And I feel ya, this Monday was just not a good Monday. Don’t know why. That lasagna looks AMAZING and I’m sure you made if perfectly! So jealous of those free Kind bars. Love ya, girly!
Love ya, Leigha!! Hope the rest of your week has been going better since Monday ♥
And may I just say that your Instagram photos are just perfection? Seriously, your photography future (and present) is as bright and beautiful as the photos themselves.
Pingback: Favorite Recent Eats | Daily Moves and Grooves