How are you all doing so far this week? I don’t know about you guys, but yesterday was just so…Monday. Like, a very Monday kind of Monday, ya feel? I got ready with my eyes half closed and nearly (just nearly, don’t worry, mom and dad) nodded off at least 20 times during statistics, BUT it was still a great day overall thanks to many simple joys that outweighed those Monday blues.
It’s been a long time since I shared my current simple joys (January was the last time!), so I thought today would be the perfect day to share those with you all. There’s always something to be thankful for in this whirlwind we call life.
Current simple joys…
- Power naps (came to the rescue for me yesterday, holla)
- Cooking real food in a real kitchen and picking up groceries from Trader Joe’s (for the people I work for, not for myself…but still so fun!)
Lasagna!!! (It was my first time making it ever and I pray that I didn’t mess it up for them.)
- Finally “getting” a statistics problem that initially made me want to blow up my computer/textbook #probabilityrage
- MARCEL THE SHELL THREE
- Free KIND bars for showing my squat form at the Physical Therapy fitness fair
- Sunny, warm days in late October
- Outdoor workouts on said days
- FaceTiming with family and friends
- Really awesome hugs
- Singing with some of my coolest friends at church on Sunday
- A surprise care package from my little cousins, aunt, and uncle! Cookieeeeeees ♥ (whole wheat too, because my aunt knows what’s up)
- When the dining hall has an arsenal of bananas (my heart breaks ever so slightly when there are none available at breakfast)
- People who hold the door (bonus points if they smile)
- Raisin bran for dessert (stop cringing/laughing at me)
- When there is no one on the escalator so you can walk up, because walking up an escalator is empowering with all that extra upward momentum
- This message from my bro when I was studying away on Sunday night:
I should do these kinds of posts more often, because now I am just so happy despite the fact that my eyes are fluttering shut as I type this on Monday night.
Have a wonderful day, friends! 🙂
So tell me:
Some of your current simple joys!
Do you eat cereal for dessert sometimes?
How was your Monday?