Good morning, friends!
I hope you’ve all had a joyful if not restful weekend! Happy belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian homies!
I did not get to type up a post all weekend, so I thought it would be nice to catch up with you all over breakfast. A virtual breakfast date instead of a virtual coffee date because oatmeal >>> coffee. Just because it has peanut butter.
This is what I’m eating to break the fast!
Oatmeal + vanilla protein powder + cinnamon + banana + peanut butter (+ some roasted salted almonds!)
If we were having breakfast together this morning…
1) I would tell you that I went hiking in the rain with the Catholic Women’s group on Saturday! It was wonderful in every way except for the fact that it was raining and I did not bring a raincoat with me to college. What was I even thinking not bringing a raincoat to Boston? Brain fart at its finest. Luckily the rain was not torrential, so us sweatshirt folks escaped being dripping wet and were instead just soaking wet. 😀
I haven’t gotten pneumonia yet, dad!
2) I would tell you that some of the best times I had this weekend with my friends included just chilling out, talking about life, baking and eating banana bread, watching Grease, and playing the terrible yet hilarious game Cards Against Humanity.
Baking some BOMB banana bread with Cori!
I’ve eaten the equivalent of about 1/2 of a whole loaf this weekend.
3) I would tell you that the majority of my dorm tissue consumption goes towards killing fruit flies. I blame myself for leaving so many bananas and apples on my desk, but dang it, there are two more fruit flies for every one I kill. I’ve finally come to the genius realization that I should put my fruit in the fridge and that I should not throw out any pieces of banana/peel in the trash can in my room. I go to college— I can figure out those kinds of things now. 😉
4) I would tell you that I went apple picking for the first time ever yesterday! I don’t know how I’ve lived in New York for 10 years and not gone apple picking, but the time finally came, and it was a blast!
I failed by not wearing flannel, but my friends did a good job of reppin’ the plaid. We got a ton of apples, climbed trees (and did not fall out), and ate the heaven-sent cinnamon sugar cider donuts.
I swear I could have finished all six of those babies, but I restrained myself to two so that I could eat real food for lunch later. But man, those donuts are what dreams are made of.
5) I would tell you that apples fresh from the tree are also the epitome of fall bliss. My workout buddy Albert exemplifies that.
6) I would tell you that yesterday could have been National Apple Picking Day instead of Columbus Day because EVERYONE EVERYWHERE went apple picking! It also could have been brussels-sprouts-for-dinner day as I saw so many people posting on Instagram that they were making my favorite vegetable for dinner last night. I was jealous.
7) I would tell you that I gotta go to my psych lecture NOW!
Have a lovely day, folks!
So tell me:
Have you ever gone apple picking?
What did you do this weekend?
What’s your favorite fall produce?