Hello and happy Sunday!
I’m currently in New Hampshire on the last day of weekend retreat with the Catholic center, but I promised weekly workouts again, so here they are! I put Saturday as TBD because I typed this up before leaving for the retreat, so the moves and grooves for that day was a wild card at the time…at this time…at…whatever. Past, present and future tense get all jumbled up in my brain when pre-scheduling posts.
5 min. stair master warm-up + leg workout
- Superset: 10 pistol squats each leg + 30 side jump lunges
- Superset: 20 curtsy lunges each leg (20# DBs) + 20 jump lunges
- 8-8-8-8 squats (90#)
- Superset: 10 deadlifts (90#) + 20 jump squats
- Superset: 12 hamstring curls (70#) + 20 surfer jumps
My legs were literally twitching and shaking by the curtsy lunges, guys. My butt was sore on a whole new level the next day.
18 min. plank workout from Purely Twins
This never gets easier.
10 min. elliptical warmup + dumbbell circuit workout via Blonde Ponytail
Click here for exercise tutorials!
I hadn’t done this workout in FOREVER, and doing it again reminded me how much I love it! Workouts that move quickly and involve both strength and cardio are my favorites.
5 min. row + upper body strength + yoga
I did this quick upper body strength workout before going to yoga:
- Superset: 20 bicep curls (20# barbell) + 20 tricep dips
- Superset: 10 vertical rows + 10 vertical rows with a pulse + 20 Mac raises (10# DBs) // Arnold presses on the last round
- Some number of lat pull downs + wide stance pushups before I needed to go to yoga!
I focused on doing the bicep curls with full range of motion with a lighter weight, and my biceps definitely felt it the day after! I have to remember that form > weight always.
Super quick leg tabata inspired by Lindsay’s workout
20 seconds on, 10 seconds off 4x each:
- squats + lunges
- split jack lunges + bridges
- Bulgarian split squats right + left
I’m such a freak/nerd/loser that I used my stat and chem textbooks for prisoner squats and lunges.
Guatever works, ok? Multi-purposing.
Well I gotta bolt! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!
So tell me:
What’s the strangest thing you’ve used as weight?
What was your favorite workout this week?