Sharing my thoughts, fears, and excitements on Amanda’s blog!
1) …On saying goodbye to friends: Life is about to change in 4 days when I leave for college. A bunch of my closest friends have already left, and I can’t help but still feel that it’s not really happening. Either that, or I’ve just accepted this time of transition and I’m cool as a cucumber. Whatever it may be, my goodbyes with all my friends these past two days have been anything BUT emotional. We’re obviously going to miss each other so much, but we all know we’re going to be occupied with new friends and experiences, so it’s more sweet than bitter.
Said goodbye to these three beauties yesterday. They’re gonna kill it!
2) …On saying goodbye to family: I told my dad last night that I think I’ll be homesick, but I don’t think I’ll cry. He just silently smiled, which usually means he’s laughing at me on the inside. He’s right— I’m probably going to cry at some random time during the evening when I’m studying or trying to find some dried figs and Greek yogurt.
At least I’ll have Ben 10 minutes away from me, so we can chill!
If we’re not mauling each other, that is.
3) …On food: I’ve been spoiled silly with my mother’s epic home cooking, but I’ll still be pretty spoiled with the food choices at Boston University. After all, they gave me special healthy cookies when I went there once.
I’m also taking initiative on the nut butter front, so #thatnutbutterlife (right, Lilly?) will still be rocking.
Three full jars + a container to bring some to the dining hall for breakfast 😀
4) …On dorming: I’m not too worried about much when it comes to living in a dorm (except for moving in and seeing if everything fits in there), and I’m actually pretty excited! I already know my roommate is awesome, and I’m looking forward to meeting more friends.
Actually, one thing that is on my mind: the showering situation. It’ll take some time getting used to the teeny showers, but I hope I manage well without hurting or embarrassing myself too badly. Number one thing is to not forget a towel/robe when I go to take a shower. “TowelRobeTowelRobeTowelRobe.”
5) …On academics, activities, etc.: I’m just going to play it by ear in terms of figuring out how to balance it all. If I try to plan too much right now, I might get frustrated if things don’t turn out just so. I just know that academics come first, and I hope to get involved in a few clubs and to stay active! Oh, and sleep. That will help.
6) …On making friends: Daliza and I were thinking last night: “How do you even make friends anymore?” Seriously, though! Whatever happens, I’m going to have to keep myself from being this person:
I hope to meet tons of people, but I know my close friends will fall into place eventually. Just let it rock.
7) …On blogging: Oh, beloved blogging. I’m afraid things will be changing quite a bit starting next week since time will be of the essence! I want to continue blogging without a doubt, but I know I will not be able to post as much or read as many blogs. As with everything else, I don’t want to plan my college blogging too much, but I’m hoping to share my moves and grooves semi-regularly while in a new environment!
8) …On taking photos of food: I’m unfazed by taking photos of my food in front of people now since I’m pretty open about my blog at this point. That being said, I’m not going to lug around DSLR camera for pretty food pictures in college (not that my pictures are all that fabulous now). iPhone or point-and-shoot photos are going to be the best I can do, but I’ll just take that as an opportunity to improve my iPhone photography and editing! 😉
One of my favorite iPhone food photos on my Instagram
10) I’m going to make peach cobbler today and I’m PUMPED. It’s my favorite dessert ever, and I haven’t had it in maybe 4 years now. Holy moly, I can’t wait. Pray that I don’t mess something up, or else I’ll cry.
Hope you all have a fabulous day!
So tell me:
Any college advice?
If you’re going to college, what are you thinking about?
Which summer dessert do you want to make/have you made?