with one of the coolest Canadians, Amanda
1) I feel like I don’t have much to do these days, yet I still end up filling my days with things. Chores, yoga/walking, seeing friends, making appointments, getting college stuff ready, blogging, reading, watching the World Cup. None of it is really urgent and I never feel busy, but I end the day thinking, “What did I even do today and how is it already 1 AM?!”
2) If all THAT isn’t thrilling enough, Daliza, my family, and I are kicking it up a notch (or a hundred notches) starting Sunday. We’re going to Florida! My parents have a lovely vacation home down there, so we’ll be chillin’ there for a whopping THREE WEEKS. Daliza’s excited for Disney. I’m excited for Publix— the supermarket of the South. Typical.
Last year in Florida when I made fish tacos and started the blog. Nostalgia.
3) I’m getting closer to holding my handstand! Right now, I get really excited when I hold it for a solid four seconds. I’m basically Shawn Johnson.
4) There’s nothing quite like a classic burger. Pickles, ketchup, mustard, cheese. Mmm. Lilly, Pam, and I went to Bareburger yesterday, and I had just that. We also shared sweet potato fries, because…sweet potato fries. Self-explanatory.
The only thing that made this a little non-classic was the fact that it was a turkey burger instead of a beef burger.
Sweet potato fries with their three sauces— curry ketchup, ranch, and “special sauce.” It was wonderful.
5) The fact that my friends and I are all going to college next month has not hit me AT ALL yet. Lilly is moving back to California tomorrow for college, and it’s just not emotionally occurring to me that she’s going so far away for such a long time. I’m just gonna start bawling out of nowhere in a few weeks when I’m listening to a sad song or something.
♥ I’ll miss you so much, Lilly!!!
6) The “core four” got together last night at the local creamery for some catch-up conversation and ice cream! I love hanging out with those girls.
Apple pie ice cream = heavenly.
7) I bought coconut flour yesterday just to make Amanda’s banana bread mug cake. I’m dreaming about it already.
8) I haven’t been carrying out my teenage duties of sleeping a lot over the summer. I don’t know why, but my internal clock wakes me up after about 7-8 hours of sleep every morning. That’s a perfect amount of sleep for me, but I can’t help but feel like I should be sleeping in even longer while I have that luxury.
9) As I’ve been doing more yoga recently, I’ve learned that I am so NOT flexible anymore. Well, I am and I’m not. I can still do the splits on each leg, but my shoulders are getting so tight that it’s getting difficult to clasp my hands behind my back. No bueno. If I’m gonna be a physical therapist, I better drink some of my own medicine and stretch more!
10) I hope you all have a fabulous day! I’ll leave you off with words from the coolest book around 😉
So tell me:
Do you like burgers?
How long does your internal clock let you sleep?
23 thoughts on “Behind the Scenes #25: Burgers, Fries, and Ice Cream”
Do you like burgers? What a silly silly question. And shut the front door…florida? Harry potter world please.
Speaking of coconut flour…..um. Hello. Breakfast cookie dough and pancake recipes. CAKE BATTER OATMEAL. oh yeah, and the mug cake.
I will definitely be snapping you pics of butter beer and wands. I’ll take you with me virtually!
OH YEAH I can make your cake batter oatmeal!! Even more stoked now.
I feel the exact same – as if I’m doing things all day but not really! I love these behind the scenes posts!
The elusive summer day 😉 Thanks, girl!
I love those verses!! They were my senior quote!! And I’m sorry that your friend is leaving for college 😦 That’s sad…but you guys can Skype!! 🙂 Also, that ice cream looks delicious! And I’m not really a burger person… but yours looks delicious!!
Awesome! That’s a lot more insightful than my senior quote. Mine was: “Nothing a spoonful of peanut butter can’t fix.” 😀
Thank God for video chatting indeed!
Florida?! Lucky girls!!! Hope you have a great time and Rememeber to say hi to Mickey and Minnie for me😉🙋
And yes! Publix is the best! When I spent time in Florida a few years back I spent way too much money there on a daiy basis🙈 The subs are the best!
And I love burgers! Beef, turkey, veggie…I don’t discrimate😊
Since it gets dark so late now I’ve been going to bed much later but the latest I can sleep in is like 10. Not too shabby but I wish I could do better😜
Have a great day Alison!
I will make sure to say hi to the famous mice for ya! 😉
Ooo I’ve never tried to subs from Publix! But I’ve heard they have some killer ice cream flavors!
Hope you’re having a fantastic day too, Katie!
At least your internal clock is allowing for 7-8 hours..mine has been insisting on 6 on off days *facepalm* . Think its just because deep inside my soul; I really want to NEED an extra mug of coffee!?
Oh and burgers: I had thee best [mini] burger yesterday..no fancy trimmings, but the bun was homemade by Mum and the burger by my Sis ❤ – heavenly you, and I don't even like beef burgers that much.
Squeee, a Florida vacay 😀 ! Enjoy girl 🙂 .
Haha, maybe you’re right! Maybe you just wouldn’t be complete without coffee 😉
Mmm sliders are always so cute, and homemade must be fabulous!
my internal clock is iffy since it depends how late I fall asleep. Some days it lets me sleep in but others it gets me up at 7 in the morning and I’m just like “Why…?” And omg, Apple Pie Ice Cream? That sounds heavenly!
Oof that must be frustrating -_- Ah well, I guess that helps us get more done! Or not get more done since we’re so tired…
So once the Florida heat gets to you, why don’t you head north all the way up to visit THE coolest Canadian you know. I better have made the top bracket. Also try the bison burger from bareburger! So good. The elk is pretty good too 🙂
I cannot release that bracket information to the public, Davs.
I did get the bison burger the first time I went there and it was BOMB. Loved it. I think my dad may have gotten elk, but I’ll still try it myself one day!
My internal clock is super annoying – no matter what time i go to bed, i’m awake at six am on the dot. I’m glad someone else gets excited to check out new supermarkets on vacation haha. Have so much fun in Florida!
6 AM?? Very early bird! Thanks, Kyla!
Pingback: Fascinating Friday Links #40 + Yesterday | Daily Moves and Grooves
Florida?!?! So jealous! Although honestly it’s a bit too hot there for me. I love Publix! It’s one of the few markets besides Walmart that I’ve actually been to 😉 The apple pie ice cream sounds fantastic!
It’s definitely going to be a scorcher down there. Ah yes, Publix ♥
I think I’ve had 17 burgers in the past week alone. On Friday night, I had a kobe beef burger topped with lobster and crab. OH YES. Yeah. It was good. Except they burnt the beef.
My internal clock let me sleep for 11 hours on Friday night. I think I was tired?
WHOA, that burger sounds absolutely EPIC. I want it. Minus the burnt beef.
Haha! That’s so awesome! I slept for 11 hours total in the past two days.
Pingback: Italian Food and Soccer | Daily Moves and Grooves
I’m certain my internal clock is completely out of whack right now, but it usually gives me 6.5-7 hours…I want more! =) I definitely need to make Amanda’s mug cake soon – sounds heavenly! And I love being productive at unimportant things…like catching up on blogs!