Being random with Amanda today!
1) Why are the seniors still going to school? We have three days left and we do n-o-t-h-i-n-g in our classes. As my friend Kristi said, my phone battery runs out faster by the end of the day because we have to entertain ourselves with social media. The only motivation for me at this point is my Italian final.
All day, every day
2) My gym membership ends today, which is both good and bad. Good because I can work out outdoors more often (and focus on things like yoga and pilates), bad because I don’t get to use the TRX bands anymore. Those things rock.
3) I fell for it. I fell for the “I’ll like a bunch of your pictures so you can notice my amazing pictures and follow me” on Instagram. Someone decided to like 10 of my photos without following me, so of course I had to check out who this person was. When I found her Instagram, I saw beautiful food pictures and fancy French captions. I didn’t want to do it, but I followed her. I feel defeated.
4) Speaking of Instagram, Gina from Running to the Kitchen posted several photos from her hike through the gorgeous Zion National Park yesterday, and I died. I want to go there so badly now.
5) The best part about making way too many pancakes and waffles for a sleepover breakfast? LEFTOVERS.
Banana pancakes with 2% Greek yogurt, sunflowers seed butter, and maple syrup. Glass o’ milk on the side!
Confession: I took my super sweet time eating this and was fashionably late to school. Whoops.
6) All the music students at my school are having a huge cook-off tomorrow, and the teams are divided by grade. Seniors are gonna kill it. My contribution will be chicken fried rice, and I think we’re also gonna try to sing and perform for the judges to complete the experience. It’s Iron Chef meets America’s Got Talent.
Riptide by Vance Joy
8) We tried to a senior prank of sorts today called the “senior snuggle.” Basically, all the seniors were supposed to lie down in the hall and just chill there in between class periods. However, a lot of people chose not to do it, so it was a classic failure.
9) I’m trying this overnight hair-curling technique where you just twist your hair, tie it, and sleep on it. In the morning, I hope to have nice, wavy curls, but there’s no guarantee. It has worked beautifully for my friend, Kristi, so fingers crossed that my hair cooperates as well as hers!
I’ve tried overnight hair curling techniques before, and let’s just say that I never thought my hair could morph into an afro. But it’s possible.
10) I have a question for you all: Do you like my Fascinating Friday Links posts? I didn’t do one last week, and I’m just not sure if I want to do one every week from now on. I’ve gotten feedback before that they’re not the most interesting posts (ironic), but I’ve also gotten positive feedback for the links. How do you all feel about it?
Hope you all have a fantastic day! Smile a lot 😀
So tell me:
Have you ever fallen for the like-for-follow on Instagram?
Any cool senior pranks you know about?
Have you ever tried heatless curls before?