Hello and Happy Memorial Day!
This weekend has been the closest taste of summer yet, which I guess is often true once Memorial Day swings around. The community pools open, the air fills with BBQ smoke, and the Hugh Jass (stole that from Kath) bumble bees start harassing me. A lot of marvelous things have been happening in the past few days including some moves, a Frozen movie date, treats, and a trip to Boston!
All marvelous things, yes? Thanks for hosting as always, Katie!
Here are the highlights:
1) Finished the AP Bio exam and keep myself from jumping up and down like a maniac.
2) Went to the gym for some moves:
5 min. arc trainer, then 3 sets of each:
- 10 pistols each leg + 20 Bulgarian split squats each leg
- 1 min. wall sit + 30 side jump lunges (my glutes were sore for two days AGAIN)
- 20 hamstring ball roll-ins + 20 single leg bridge pulses
I was gonna do abs, so I started to do some exercises, but then I stopped because I just wasn’t feelin’ it.
3) Ate my new favorite dessert:
Vanilla bean ice cream with fresh mangoes
1) Baked the best banana muffins (from Two Peas and Their Pod) I’ve ever had:
Fresh out of the oven with almond butter— this is what dreams are made of.
2) Went grocery shopping for two bunches of bananas, two tubs of 2% Greek yogurt, and two containers of hummus. It was like Noah’s Ark on that checkout conveyor belt.
3) Attended a super late lunch/early dinner with the other religious education teachers and volunteers, courtesy of our pastor who is retiring this year!
4) Worked on handstands. I’m starting to hover more with that freestanding handstand! I’ve caught the Crossfit Games bug. (You can yell at me for the fact that I’ve never done Crossfit in my life.)
5) Watched Frozen with one of my best friends, Daliza! Now I understand the hype for that movie— Anna is my hero and if Olaf were real, he’d be my best friend. Daliza and I are also working on our duets for some of the songs, so you better watch out for our voices in Frozen 2.
1) Drove up to Boston to visit Ben!
2) Disowned him for wearing this shirt:
Northeastern and Boston University sibling rivalry has commenced.
3) Ate a delicious sushi lunch at Avana Sushi:
4) Bought some BU gear and put on my (mouse-like) game face:
5) Walked to J.P. Licks for some awesome ice cream. Ben and I shared a scoop of mint cookies and cream (uh, two favorite flavors in one) and a pistachio scoop. Perfection:
Wait, why did I share my ice cream with this kid again?
6) Took a lovely, long stroll along the Charles River. The weather was absolutely PERFECT on Sunday, even though it was supposed to rain according the forecast. The sun was out, there were almost no clouds in the sky, and the temperature was just right (even though I think I did overdress with my jeans and long sleeve shirt). Can we please just pause the weather so that it can be like this forever?
Aww cute bro + sis picture…
It really hasn’t sunk in that this will be my home for the next four years. I’m excited though!!
Now I’m off to go exercise outside on this warm, sunny Memorial Day, and then we’re gonna dig into my mom’s grilled feast! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
So tell me:
Three fun things you did this weekend!
What are you Americans doing for Memorial Day?
Have you ever watched Frozen?