I’ve missed you!
I apologize for being MIA for the past couple of days, but I want to thank you all for your pep talks and congrats for my commitment to Boston University! I’m glad today’s Thursday because I get to play catch up in a random fashion though Amanda‘s ingenious Thinking Out Loud linkup 🙂
1. Colorful spring fruit is making me so happy. My mom made little containers of fruit salad yesterday— what an adorable woman. The fruit salad includes strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwis, and pineapple. I ♥ the bounty of summer!
2. I am somehow able to almost finish a jar of nut butter right before every early morning AP Calc review session, and it’s absolutely perfect because that means I get to take overnight oats on the go. I no longer give a single dang if anyone judges me for carrying a jar of nut butter to school. Actually, I never cared.
Overnight oats in a sunflower seed butter jar = bliss. Until I realize I’m eating it in AP Calc. 😉
3. I’ve been a little overzealous in trying to find a roommate for college. I’ve met a few friends through the BU Facebook page already, but I found one girl that I clicked with right away. We excitedly agreed to room together…but then I turned into the #1 A-Hole of the Year. I realized that I’m in a special program that requires me to live in a specific dorm hall, but my newfound roommate wouldn’t be able to live in that dorm hall with me. Yeah, I forgot to mention that minor detail.
I sorta wanted to punch myself in the face because I felt so bad, but we’re gonna try to work something out. Starting off this whole college thing with a BANG, Alison.
4. This dinner last night:
Smoked salmon on a whole wheat English muffin with honey mustard yogurt dill sauce + black grapes + broccoli
When I don’t have ripe avocados or cream cheese on hand, I love having this sauce with my smoked salmon:
Honey Mustard Dill Yogurt Sauce
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1-2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. dried dill
Mix it all up and dollop it on your toast and smoked salmon! Top it with a generous amount of cracked black pepper if you so fancy. I definitely fancied the black pepper.
4. Today we had a half day of school! I actually just got back from having lunch with my friends Je’lyn, her sister Jade, Jeannine, Veronica, and Sam. We went to a snazzy cafe/bakery/market called Iron Tomato, and I got a loaded monster salad.
It had mixed greens, chickpea salad, grilled veggies, artichokes, beets, grilled chicken, goat cheese, and honey mustard dressing.
Whenever there’s a salad bar, I go cuh-razy, which can sometimes defeat the purpose of a light meal, but guatever. And then I obviously had to get gelato, because you need to balance out all the veggies. 😉
Vanilla honey pecan!
5. It’s a beautiful day today, so I think I’m gonna skip the gym and do some exercise outside instead!
6. I started listening to the radio in the car again since Lent ended, and I did not miss any good music. Royals and Team by Lorde are still playing, Kesha and Pitbull are still yelling Timber, and Let Her Go by Passenger still annoys me.
7. You wanna know something ironic? I got a t-shirt or sweater from EVERY one of my top colleges except Boston University. Of course. If they don’t send me one in the mail, I’ll order one online. I wonder if they have anything as fantastic as those Maryland leggings.
8. Speaking of BU again, I have an astonishingly similar college decision story as my brother, Ben, when he was choosing his college three years ago. You see, he was in between Johns Hopkins (in Baltimore, Maryland) and Northeastern (in Boston, Massachusetts). He was 90% sure he was going to Johns Hopkins in MD and only 10% was left for Northeastern, so he initially did not think he had to visit Northeastern. But then our wise mother took him to visit it anyway “just in case.” Sound familiar?? After the visit, his probabilities of going to either JH or Northeastern changed to 50/50, and lo and behold, he ended up at Northeastern in BOSTON.
I promise I didn’t choose BU just to follow his story. God just thought it would be funny if things worked out that way 😉
9. Currently listening to:
Any other Young the Giant fans out there?!
10. I hope you are all having a lovely Thursday so far!
So tell me:
Do you like smoked salmon?
What do you like to get in a salad?
Current favorite song?