Boston University Class of 2018!
Who guessed it?! Because I didn’t.
My mind was playing ping pong these past two days as I contemplated whether I wanted to go to Boston University or University of Maryland, but in the end, I just felt more at peace with BU. I didn’t have to flip a coin either 😉
Officially a terrier! So fierce, I KNOW. 😉
- Never say never. I had no idea that Boston University would come into play during this college decision process.
- My parents were so smart in making me visit BU “just in case.”
- I’m so excited to be close to Ben and some of my other friends who are going to college in Boston as well!
- I think I was mostly torn because I was so mentally set on UMD, and I was pretty stunned when I realized that I like BU so much.
- My friend, Jeannine, said to me before I visited my top three colleges: “If you second guess your first love, then maybe you don’t love it as much as you thought you did.” <— Sums it up perfectly.
I was thinking of ways to tell my parents. I thought of just telling them straight up, but that would have been boring. I thought of writing a sign that said “Boston University,” putting it on my back, and then asking for a back massage so they could see the surprise, but that would have just been weird.
So I ended up doing something in the middle— I wrote “Boston University” in block letters on a sheet of paper, and when my parents were just chillin’ in the living room, I said, “Dad? Mom?” They both turned around to see me holding this:
All credit goes to God. I have no doubt that His hand is in all of this, as it always is.
I’m excited for this adventure!