Thinking out loud with the amazing Amanda today!
1. While I was being super domestic on Monday, I started listening to “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” by Daft Punk on repeat for some reason. I hadn’t listened to it in maybe 3+ years, but I forgot how much I actually love that song (probably the only techno song I like). It definitely helped me work harder at scrubbing my bathtub while simultaneously
2. Speaking of domesticity, here are the fruits of my labor from Tuesday:
Tuesday’s dinner: sriricha chicken with spinach and cabbage and avocado on top. So good!
I highly recommend the muffins and the chicken! Not together.
3. I’ve been eating lots of fun treats at school this week! On Tuesday, my friend, Apaula, let me try one of her homemade macarons that had a Nutella filling. I almost turned it down when she offered me one, but then I thought…Hello? YES I want one.
And since Italians like to have a big celebration for St. Joseph’s Day (yesterday), our Italian teacher let us order some sfince di San Giuseppe pastries (we paid her, and she picked them up from the bakery) to enjoy in class for the special occasion. The sfince is basically a donut-shaped cannoli. It’s as fabulous as you think it is.
My friend, Kristi, forced me to take this selfie. Nah she didn’t force me, but I did it anyway. Ew, it’s so creepy.
This pastry was gargantuan. It was 10 AM and I wasn’t feelin’ the huge sugar bomb, so I had about a quarter of it before sharing it with jealous friends who are not in my Italian class. 😉
4. I practiced some more pistol squats at the gym yesterday, but this time, I used the lowest box available to assist me.
(No, I didn’t hoard all that equipment for myself. It was just there. I’m not being sarcastic this time!)
I did 3 rounds of 10 on each leg, supersetted with some bodyweight side lunges, and it was tough. I think that’s about as low as I’ll ever get with my short achilles, but I’m pretty proud of even getting to that point. Now I have to work on not looking like my head is about to explode when I do pistol squats.
5. For the first time yesterday, I tried a dried fig with Greek yogurt AND some sunflower seed butter.
Why haven’t I done this earlier?! It’s my favorite sweet snack on steroids.
6. Mom is coming home today!!! I’ve missed her (and her cooking) so dearly. She won’t be staying for long though… she’s turnin’ right around to go to Europe in a few days! What a world traveler. This just means that my domesticity will increase exponentially. At least I’ll be prepared for college, right?
7. I’ve calculated that I’ve gone through six 32-oz. tubs of Greek yogurt in the two weeks that my mom has been in Florida. I’ve used some of it for cooking, but otherwise, it’s just me + spoon. No, it’s not a problem— I can stop whenever I want. Which just happens to be never. 😉
8. This message from my friend, Anushka, made my night:
I mean, she’s the one inspiring me, if anything. I’ve never had carrots and sunflower seed butter together before! I’ll try that combo, Nush. 😉
9. I’ve definitely broken my “no complaining” sacrifice for Lent too many times. When I’m more prudent, I do my best to hold back, but I guess I’m just outspoken, and I speak before I think most of the time. *sigh* It’s never too late to keep trying though!
10. Next week starts one of the busiest, but most exciting weeks of the year! It’s the week leading up to my dance school’s Benefit Concert (since it’s a not-for-profit organization), which is our biggest show of the year. It’s called “Benefit week,” but it’s equivalent to “hell week” in theater. I’ll be at the theater rehearsing or performing from 3/4PM until 8/9PM every day. Just a heads up— I probably will not be able to blog very much at all next week because of this. It pains me, but Benefit week will be a huge whirlwind, and I don’t want to miss some of my last moments performing with company!
Happy Thursday, friends! I hope you have a lovely day 🙂
So tell me:
What have you been cooking lately?
Best sweet treat you’ve eaten recently?
Have you ever tried carrots with nut butter before?