It’s been a couple weeks since I’ve joined Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud linkup, so I’m more than glad to be joining it this week!
1. Today is our first full day of school this week. It’s weird. As fun as it is to stay at home all day, I kind of want to get back into a routine, especially since our winter break is in less than two weeks. If we keep having snow days, there will be no sense of differentiation and sheer joy once break comes around, ya know?
2. I never used to like Twitter because it stressed me out. All I saw were these random thoughts to absorb (….like this post….), and I just never cared for it that much. Up until 3.5 days ago, I really only used Twitter as a means to share my own blog posts or others’ blog posts. However, if you follow me on Twitter, you may have noticed that I’ve stepped up my game.
I don’t know what got to me but the Twitter fever is gettin’ real. Or I’m gettin’ obnoxious. It’s guatever either way.
3. Staying on the topic of social media— Facebook users, do you love those new story videos like I do?? I mean, I just clicked on the link and then there was a cute little video that summed up some of my favorite pictures and statuses on Facebook. Honestly, I almost cried when I was watching my friend’s video. The music, the pictures, and the nostalgia was all too sweet to handle. I’m not sensitive or anything. Nice job, Mark Z.!
4. I’m wearing shorts right now (while also wearing a sweatshirt), which shows that I want it to be spring pretty badly apparently. Oh, and Dad just asked me to go outside to get the mail…I’m up for the challenge. (Just kidding, he went to go get it before me. Thanks for saving my legs from freezing, pa!)
5. If you’re a fan of witty and funny things, I highly recommend this blog called I Think in Comics. The author is actually my brother’s friend from Northeastern University, so college students would especially appreciate her humor. I literally laugh out loud every time I read her posts. She is such a talented cartoonist. She’s also Asian, and Asians rule.
6. I had my first kale salad ever yesterday, and it was pretty good! I don’t mind the bitter flavor like some others might, so I ate it raw. I just massaged in some maple dijon dressing and added salmon and brussels sprouts. It’s definitely more of a jaw workout when eating kale rather than spinach (maybe I needed to massage it more), but I hope to experiment a little more with the most famous green in the HLB world.
Buttered parmesan potato bread on the side 😀
7. I am currently obsessed with this song by The Jakes (aka former Young the Giant). Thanks to my friend Daliza for introducing this ear candy to me. 😉
8. I wish scones could keep longer, but the truth is that they get crusty and dry if not eaten the day they’re made. Warming them up in a damp paper towel helps a wee bit, but they’re still not to their highest scone potential.
9. Would anyone happen to know a possible cause for a grinding shoulder joint? That sounds really nasty, but for the longest time, my left shoulder has not only been tight, but whenever I roll it or circle my arm, there is a grinding sensation (and sound). Like, there’s no lubrication for the joint. It doesn’t really hurt though, and my right shoulder is fine. All I know is that it hurts when I sleep on my left side (which my body just loves to do while I’m sleeping). I haven’t been lifting weights recently either, but the grinding did start before I stopped lifting.
According to Google, this problem may result in not being able to move my shoulder ever again. Cooooool. I feel like Jo in that every Google diagnosis I find makes me think my body is falling apart.
10. Andddd you probably don’t care about my shoulder issues. That’s okay, because I obviously didn’t care enough to bring it up until several months after the problem started….I hope you all have a wonderful day! Stay safe and warm (watch out for the black ice)!
So tell me:
Do you like using Twitter?
Are you a fan of kale?
Do you have any similar joint issues? Any idea why my shoulder is grinding?
21 thoughts on “Behind the Scenes #8: Twitter Fever”
Lol. Thanks for thinking of me, friend. I really like Twitter, but I never know what to say! I need to get more comfortable using it.
Kale salads make my heart sing!!!! Chelsea (chelsea’s healthy kitchen) has a really great massaged kale tutorial with a creamy avocado dressing. I highly recommend it!! 🙂
I was definitely thinking that I should check out Chelsea’s recipes since I know she does a lot of kale massaging. That dressing sounds amazing— thanks for the recommendation!
I am te-rri-ble with social media and the likes . Case in point; I do not have a twitter account, I do not have a facebook account, I do not use instagram or Pinterest…but I am alive and well, so we’ll see how it goes 😉 . Besides, I don’t think I could deal with yet another or ten other forms of procrastination! Your shoulder joint issue sounds scary! Grinding..yikes! Please get it checked out. I should talk last though..my right hip shifts out of place on a regular basis – kind of sad to be frequenting a chiro at such a young age :p
You’re probably better off without social media since they’re all so addicting!
Haha! My shoulder grinding really isn’t bad at all, it’s just odd. I’ll have my aunt who is a PT check it out the next time I see her. A lot of my friends who are athletes have had to go to a chiro, so you’re definitely not alone!
I don’t mind Twitter, but it takes a serious conscious effort for me to remember to use it all the time. I’m good at sharing my posts and the posts of others, but when it comes to just tweeting random thoughts? Doesn’t always happen. And kale? SO not a fan… but I think that’s because I had one bad experience that kind of tainted my view of it and I’ve never given it another chance. I’ve heard that massaged kale is actually pretty good, but I’m still a little skeptical…
I can see why one would not be a fan of kale. It’s bitter and tough compared to mild and tender spinach. At least there are plenty of other veggies in the world 🙂
I’ve jussssst started getting back into Twitter as well. It’s been a fun new change.
Kale – love it. They’ve started introducing it here at work in super small doses and people are actually eating it!
Uhm. Shoulder grinding doesn’t sound good
I have a twitter but I never use it!! I find it hard enough to keep up to date with Instagram and Facebook and blogs and life! Oy!🙈🙈🙈 But I’m reading your hysterical tweets and now I’m kinda wishing I used it!!
And don’t get me started of webmd and googling diagnoses. Ill have a headache and after an hour of googling headaches ill be in a full blown panic attack that I have some awful illness! Fun times woo hoo!😉
Have a great day back at school and stay warm and safe😘😘
Social media can totally be like a black hole that sucks you in! I’ve moved away from FB and toward Instagram and Twitter 😉 Hope you have a great day, Katie!
I do like Twitter, but now it’s a task to keep up with EVERYONE!
I have my phases with Twitter. I go from one it 24/7 to it being a rare occasion to see my tweet! I am on the phase where I am tweeting more often. Funny how social media phases go. I rarely go on Facebook anymore. I just lost interest. *le sigh*
Haha, I am ready for spring! I will just miss my cup of hot chocolate every night that warms me up.
Definitely checking out the blog recommendation!
Besides the cute little story videos, Facebook is slowly fading from my interest as well…Maybe it will come back in style later 😉
As much as I love boots and sweaters, I can’t wait for smoothies and shorts!
I can’t wait either. Bring on the shorts and fresh fruit and veggies! 😀
You wore shorts AND mentioned Australia? I think it’s a sign to come down UNDER!
Whenever we make scones, the leftovers become bread crumbs- REALLY tasty- even if they are sweet 😉
I should have named this post “Australia Fever,” I guess!
Oooo that’s a great idea for leftover scones. Thanks!
I really don’t know if I like twitter or not… I go back and forth! Right now I don’t use it that much but sometimes I’ll never miss a tweet. Funny story: sometimes my mom says “twit” instead of “tweet” it’s pretty funny lol! I really hope your shoulder is okay!!
Haha! My mom calls it “Tweeter” sometimes. Oh, mothers… 😉
That salad looks soooo good! And hehe love that ecard 😉
Pingback: Letter to My Future Husband | Daily Moves and Grooves
Pingback: Behind the Scenes #32: I’m Just Weird | Daily Moves and Grooves