I’ll skip the intro and let the following out-loud thoughts do all of the talking. 🙂
Linking up with the wonderful host, Amanda!
1. Honesty is the best policy for me, and honestly, I have not started adding any pictures back into my media library after I told you that I deleted them all (thus deleting them from my past posts). It’s something I hope to do over time, but I have a lot of priorities ahead of that right now.
2. It has warmed up to sweater weather this week! There are no longer dangerous ice rinks in front of my school. However, it has been raining a lot lately, and there are pot holes deep enough to safely house a family of squirrels.
3. Speaking of “Sweater Weather,” I’ve been loving that song by The Neighbourhood. whenever it comes on the radio! Fact: I thought it was woman singing when I first heard it. I also don’t know how I feel about the actual lyrics, but the tune is groovy. I feel like that’s how it is with every popular song these days— awesome melody, weird/inappropriate/sexual lyrics. Ugh.
4. I got the news on Monday that I got accepted to Binghamton University! It’s a great New York state university that is definitely at the top of my list, so I’m pretty excited! My mom is also pumped. She likes to not-so-subtly mention how close it is, how cheap it is, and how it’s considered a “public ivy.” Oh, madre.
I’m still waiting to hear from three more colleges, and two of them should be coming by the end of the month!
5. I’ve been strangely full these past couple of days. I just don’t have a huge appetite. Nothing has really changed about my eats or …my life, so I’m not sure what’s happenin’. I almost feel tired of eating when it’s time for the next meal. Now THAT is some crazy stuff because I never get tired of eating. My friends (and Instagram followers) can vouch for that. I’m still eating enough, but it’s just not as an enjoyable of an experience.
6. There is currently enough food in my house to feed a small village. Any of my friends that are lacking in the snack department in their pantries can come over! My mom went to Costco yesterday, and it seems like she came back with a Santa sack full o’ goodies. These are just a few of the things she picked up:
Unnaturally huge strawberries. They’re definitely on ‘roids, but they’re still delicious.
Jalapeño Greek yogurt dip. I was excited to see that my mom bought this, especially after seeing how much Morganne loves it!
Microwave popcorn with a light movie theater butter flavor. It’s been a while since we’ve had this tasty little snack! (Shoutout to my friend Jeannine, who has popcorn almost every day at school— I’m thinking of you!)
These look they’re going to be awesome! They have things like chia seeds, brown rice, and other cool grains.
My other favorite! These are the absolute BEST brand of dried figs. Any other kind just does not compare.
Trail mix that was on sale— looks great!
So yeah. My mom likes to have field days when she visits the vortex that is Costco. I am very spoiled (and grateful), and I know college is going to be quite the adjustment next year.
7. There are four extremely brown and spotty bananas in our kitchen, and I really want to bake something with them, but I haven’t found the time this week. I’m still using them in my breakfasts (they get mashed up in the oatmeal and yogurt bowls anyway), but the smush factor is quickly rising. What should I make with them?? Bread? Muffins? Cookies?
8. I probably have a lot more to tell you, but nothing’s coming to me at the moment. I hope you all have a great Thursday! 🙂
So tell me:
Are there any songs of which you like the melody but not the lyrics?
Do you have “full” days?
Do you get sucked into the Costco vortex?
What is your favorite thing to make with overripe bananas?