I’ve named this week’s Thursday Things “Halloween Happenings,” because it seemed appropriate for the occasion and I really like alliterations. Also, I’m still considering a more unique name for all my Thursday Things posts. A couple weeks ago, I thought about “Loggin’ the Noggin,” but I shut that down in consideration of what my future college self would think about that Dr. Seuss-ish title. It’ll come to me sooner or later. But anyway, here’s what’s happening this Halloween!
1. I’ve always loved Winnie the Pooh. I’m talking the classic cartoon that looks like a moving storybook, not those weird modern 3D-type shows. Just to be clear, I don’t actually still watch Winnie the Pooh, but I do have a special place in my heart for the characters. And today, my costume is an ode to Roo! (Shout out to my friend Ana for lending this to me!)
It looks huge, and it kind of is because Ana is much taller than me, but this costume wasn’t meant to flatter anyway. But it is SO comfy! I was tempted to sleep in this last night.
2. Ben and I carved our first pumpkin in a longgg time last night! The face was supposed to look slightly evil, but the eyebrows make it look like a cat… Whatever works.
3. I also roasted pepitas using the seeds gutted from our carving pumpkin. It took a longer time washing and drying the seeds than it did sorting them from the pumpkin guts. Those little seeds are SO SLIPPERY! I boiled them first (I read from a recipe that this makes them crispier) roasted them with a little olive oil and maple syrup, and they sort of have a sweet flavor, but they definitely didn’t absorb as much flavor as nuts would. They’re nice and crispy though!
4. I won’t be going trick-or-treating tonight for a few reasons. First of all, I’m going to help my mom give out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Secondly, it’s cold outside. Thirdly, I’m not a huge candy person anymore (I have all the Reese’s I need anyway ;)). Finally, I’m 17. I know a lot of my friends will still be going, but I was personally kinda over it three years ago.
5. I’m going to have to end the happenings here because I gotta head to school!
Have a safe and happy Halloween!
So tell me: Are you dressing up as anything? Did you carve pumpkins this year?
8 thoughts on “Halloween Happenings”
Love your costume – it’s SO cute!! Happy Halloween to you as well, lovey. I’m not dressing up because I didn’t have time to figure out a costume AND I work in an office that has some weird dress code rule, so, yeah.
Can I have some of your pumpkin seeds?
Darn grown-up offices. 😉 Hope your Halloween is filled with lots o’ treats anyway!
Love your costume! Whinnie the pooh (the good old classic cartoon) will always bendy favorite! happy Halloween!💗
Awwr lookit you!! Too darn cute. I’m not dressing up this year because I really have nowhere to wear my costume. I miss the days of being in school and actually being able to celebrate… but at least there’s still movies and candy to enjoy.
Ah yes! I use Halloween as an excuse to do cozy things at home really. Like today–I baked!
Pingback: Fascinating Friday Links #10 + Halloween Recap | Daily Moves and Grooves
Your costume is so cute!!! And yum… pumpkin seeds! My roommate roasted some last week and I didn’t realized how tasty they were!
Yes this was my first time roasting pumpkin seeds straight from the pumpkin, and we are really enjoying them!