I usually don’t have much time to type up a post before leaving for school in the morning, but I’m feeling extra ambitious today!
As the leaves start to shift from green to vibrant hues of red, orange, and yellow, I can’t help but feel almost…nostalgic during this time of year. Now, it’s still like 80 degrees here in New York, but the quiet, cool mornings remind me of all the wonderful things that the autumn season can offer. I don’t know why, but it seems like there is something in the fall air that just triggers so many memories. There are things that I used to do in October and November that I think about, and there are things that I still do every year:
- Drinking that powdered hot apple cider that I now think is kind of gross. But a while back, I thought that stuff was so delicious, especially with the addition of a cinnamon stick. Fancy!
- Squeezing into the front seat of the school bus with two of my best friends (before drivers licenses happened).
- Reading about my Confirmation saint, St. Therese of Lisieux, whose feast day is October 1st.
- Homecoming week (coming up soon!!! So excited), putting together wacky costumes for the theme days, going to the pep rally, pasta dinner, and sports games.
- Pondering Halloween costumes
- Trick-or-treating of course!
- Wanting to sleep in forever (<–still so true).
- Putting together fashionable, comfy outfits (Yay boots and sweaters!)
- Dance company rehearsals and annual sleepover.
- Eating apples like it’s my job.
Maybe this nostalgia is why I love fall so much. I also get so giddy for the holiday season! But I am one of those people that really waits for THE day of a holiday to truly celebrate. I just love the anticipation!
Gina’s cookie dough cereal with frozen banana slices and freeze-dried strawberries (that I picked out from our Special K cereal ;))
So tell me: What kinds of things do you do in the fall/remember doing during the fall? Are you nostalgic too?