I thought I was social media-savvy. I really did. Until I decided to one day click on the “Connect” section of my Twitter page, where I found so many notifications about other blogger retweeting, sharing, favoriting, and responding to my tweets from weeks and days before. Like, HELLO, ALISON?! I was waiting for little bubbles with the number of notifications I received to pop up like on Facebook…Guatever.
After my revelation, I found out that a few lovely bloggers so kindly nominated me for the Sunshine and Liebster awards! I was nominated for the Sunshine award by Jessica at Story of a Girl, and I was nominated for the Liebster award by Laura at Fueling a Life and Maria at The Brooklyn Fig. Thank you so much, ladies! It really means a lot that anyone would read my blog, further less nominate me for fun awards like these! I apologize for this being so long overdue.
‘Liebster’ means “dearest” in German. This award is “a way for up-and-coming bloggers to demonstrate each others’ appreciation for what we do”.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
I love doing surveys, so I am super excited for this. There is just something fun about talking about yourself, as Jessica said. Sounds narcissistic. Even so, I’m going to pick and choose 10 of my favorite questions from the bloggers that nominated me so that I don’t bore you with 30 things about myself. I think you get enough of me on here already 😉 Here we go!
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I genuinely enjoy connecting my experiences to those of others. This little, humble website here has allowed me to vent, attempt to convey my cheesy sense of humor, and share my love of God, food, and fitness. I used to just look at blogs for the pictures, but I have found so much value in the content of others, and I hope to reach out to at least some people with my own words.
2. What’s your favorite healthy snack?
Plain Greek yogurt with the good stuff: figs, banana slices, peanut butter, cereal, nuts, fruits, muffins, anything. So quick, simple, filling, wholesome, and delicious!
3. Which is your favorite season and why?
I’d have to say fall is my favorite. And lucky me since it is approaching quickly! Fall means layered clothing, boots, more hot oatmeal, apple cider, and…pumpkin. Conformist. But I really do like pumpkin! The weather in New York during the fall is also quite lovely usually–crisp, cool, and peaceful. Except I guess we haven’t had much luck the past couple years with snow storms and hurricanes.
4. What is your favorite way to workout?
I enjoy circuit workouts that incorporate strength and cardio exercises one after another. I love doing complex movements that get my heart rate up quickly and make my muscles burn at the same time. This way, I don’t get bored because there is limited time to rest and the moves are always changing. My 10-15-20 workout is an example! I also like burpees a lot. And dancing of course!
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Santorini, Greece. Just look at the utter beauty.
6. Do you vary your meals or eat the same thing every day?
I vary my meals every day, especially for lunch and dinner depending on the groceries of the week and what mom so graciously prepares. Variety is the spice o’ life. I repeat salmon, avocado toast, sandwiches, and eggs a lot though. For breakfast, I usually have a rotation of meals including overnight oats, hot oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, cereal, and yogurt bowls. Nut butter is almost always in there. *Happy sigh*
7. What is one thing on your bucket list?
See #5. Also, zip lining or rock climbing in some exotic forest.
8. What does ‘being happy’ mean to you?
This is a good one. Being happy to me means being at peace with what I have and making the most of the opportunities that God gives me each day. Not everything will be rainbows and butterflies all the time, but happiness depends on how you handle the obstacles.
9. Are you an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between?
I think I am smack in the middle for this one. I totally enjoy “me” time and don’t need to be hanging out/texting friends 24/7, but I also love to go out and have a blast socializing. Sometimes I don’t like talking when I’m in groups, but other times I like to be quite vocal and outgoing. I guess it just depends on my mood.
10. What’s one goal you hope to accomplish in the next year?
Get into college 🙂 And to continue to connect with others through my blog!
So those are my answers! I tag these awesome bloggers for the Sunshine award:
Here are my questions for you all:
- Why do YOU blog?
- What is your ultimate dream meal?
- Where is your “happy place”?
- What is a quirk/interesting habit of yours?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Who are 3 of your favorite bloggers and why?
- What is one thing on your bucket list?
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
- If you could meet one person from the past or present, who would it be and why?
- What is one thing that helps you through a bad day?
I can’t wait to read your answers! Have fun with the questions!
So tell me: Choose one or two of the questions above and answer them!