with the lovely Amanda!
1. It looked like a Steven Spielberg movie outside this morning. Foggy, muggy, warm, and just gross. So I wore red pants to bring some color into the world, and I’m pretty sure that’s the reason for it being sunny and gorgeous out right now. ;)
2. It also happened to be college gear day at school today! Check out all these ladies on the path to success. Being me, I bought apparel from every college I visited except the one I’m attending, so I just wore Boston University colors with a lanyard that they gave me at orientation. Guatever works.
3. I ate so much nut butter yesterday (hooray for fats!), and I am MORE than okay with that.
Cookie dough cereal taken on the go to AP Calc review
PB & J for lunch
Apple banana oatmeal muffin with sunflower seed butter for a snack
It’s a lifestyle, really.
4. I am currently listening to my brother making business phone calls, and my mind is boggled. He sounds so dang grown-up! Is this the same person who would dance to weird Pokemon songs with me in front of the video camera?
No, that’s not a wig on my head (I’m on the left, just to clarify).
5. I’m all about getting my food ratios just so when I’m eating something with multiple components. For example, I just ate a delicious yogurt bowl with berries, sunflower seed butter, and banana slices (added after this picture was taken).
When I was getting to the end of the bowl, I had a lot of nut butter and banana left, but not enough Greek yogurt, so I put an extra huge dollop into my bowl. But then I realized I had too much Greek yogurt, so I had to add a little bit of cereal to the plain yogurt…I could make a science out of this stuff! It’s also a good thing I’m not worried about calories. :)
6. AP Calculus exam is next Wednesday. I’m so thankful to have parents who are math majors, because sometimes I can be so daft when it comes to math. My dad told me last night as he was helping me with a problem: “Well, it seems pretty obvious that your career isn’t going to be centered around math!”
…..It’s so true that I’m not even the slightest bit offended.
7. I have a roommate for college! I decided not to participate in the honors college at BU since the PT program will put a ton on my plate already, so that meant I could say yes to dorming with my original roommate! She’s so cool. We’ve been texting each other, and we even video chatted a couple weeks ago. I HAVE A COLLEGE FRIEND.
8. My mom and brother went to eat at the Culinary Institute of America when they were driving back from Canada (they were visiting my grandparents and relatives). I’m jealous. Just look at this dessert (which was one of many amazing dishes they ate):
I don’t know what it is, but I want it.
9. Since I’ve been eating more fats (and just more in general) recently, I think my hair has become thicker and smoother. This probably just goes to show that even though I was previously eating just enough, I need to be eating more than I think. It’s a long road of recovery for sure.
10. Now I’m in the mood for ice cream.
Hope you all are having an awesome Thursday!
So tell me:
Do you like to have your food in certain ratios?
Did anyone else ever have a bowl haircut when they were younger?
What is one thing you’ve been eating a lot of recently?